Hot? - Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor E6700 - $399.99

Yay, prices are coming down!
I plan on building a new rig at the end of the year; can't wait!

Well, technically, its hot for right now. For those that don't want to wait, this is a very hot deal.

But if u could wait a month to save $200. Why not? And its for a better CPU too

Not hot, In April Intel is dishing out HUGE price cuts.

I believe the 6850 will be like $266

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/07-03-11/intelprice.png

edit: 266 now 299, even cheaper

I wish that people would read and understand rather than just making stuff up.

The E6850 will not be out for another 4 months at the earliest. There are price cuts coming next month but nothing like what you've linked (hint: look at the title of the chart you posted).

At the moment this is a hot deal but E6700 will be near the current E6600 price at the end of April.

Thats the projected price for those who buy wholesale in lots of One thousand processors at a time. I would not expect that as a retail price.

Such as just about every single business (compusa, bestbuy, newegg, microcenter, frys, etc).

The price cuts in Q2 are massive, but even larger in Q3

Such as just about every single business (compusa, bestbuy, newegg, microcenter, frys, etc).

And do you think these stores are going to sell to you at their wholesale price?

Cut this guy some slack, this is a HOT deal. Saying it's not because there's a projection for price drops on processors is just lame. Guess what, next year those projected prices for April will not be hot either, so when April rolls around are we going to hose anyone who posts "HOT" threads on these processors?

Actually that data in that chart was compiled by all the major motherboard manufactures.

I would say that HKEPC and the main motherboard manufacturers has a lot more credibility than your opinion here.

The price cuts that he linked to are for the SECOND HALF of 2007. There are price cuts coming on April 22nd but they are nowhere near what he linked.

E6700 at current E6600 price
E6600 at current E6400 price
etc.

And do you think these stores are going to sell to you at their wholesale price?

Cut this guy some slack, this is a HOT deal. Saying it's not because there's a projection for price drops on processors is just lame. Guess what, next year those projected prices for April will not be hot either, so when April rolls around are we going to hose anyone who posts "HOT" threads on these processors?

No one said that is NOT a hot deal without a reason, most of them explained that is is a hot deal but it's worth waiting a little bit more.

most likely, wen the the new chips are released, like e6850, there going to be more expensive then their msrp price... look wat happened w/ the e4300, it was more expensive then the e6300 which is a better chip.. IMO..

but the deal is hot, if you dont want to wait....

Man, I'm so tired of people saying "it's not hot because in <insert timeframe here> the <insert part here> will be <insert projected price or % price difference.>"

The fact is, if you are shopping TODAY, the price is good for TODAY. If we all decided we'd rather wait for the <next hottest thing/price drops> no one would buy anything because there's ALWAYS a <next hottest thing/price-drops> in the future.

If you're willing to wait, good for you. Because a year after your "HOT" purchase, guess what, it's not so hot a price.

This forum is about HOT deals TODAY, not tomorrow or next month.

these new XX50 chips will be 1333 fsb instead of 1066, which means lower multi=harder to overclock (but who knows what kind of fsb the new chipsets will do)
Im waiting for a sub 300 quad myself :D

You know if you wait for two more years the 6700 may be down to about $100. I think I will wait till then to build my next computer...........

:rolleyes:

Back