hot deal for intel x-25 ssd (SSDSA2MH080G2C1)? $239

Hot deal if you could get it for $40 off with free shipping.

Mwave currently has it for $229 and they also offer a $10 off coupon with a purchase of $100 or more.

So, the mwave one is essentially $219 (with the $10 off)? Where do you apply the coupon, and is it a mir?

And yeah, it's refurbished, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes products are actually better after being refurbished.

I bought this from Direction on Saturday. I actually live a few miles from this place so I do local pickup all the time. I don't pay tax because I'm a reseller, so it works out pretty well.

They are a good company and on the rare occasion that I have trouble with an order they always resolve it to my satisfaction.

I bought this from Direction on Saturday. I actually live a few miles from this place so I do local pickup all the time. I don't pay tax because I'm a reseller, so it works out pretty well.

They are a good company and on the rare occasion that I have trouble with an order they always resolve it to my satisfaction.

How much did you pay?

FYI, search Bing.com for Tiger Direct and get 12.8% cash back. It been like that for about a week now.

Intel G2 80GB OEM is $254.99 - $32.64 = $222.35.
3 Year Manufacture warranty.

Zetherin,

I bought it at the $239 sale price. My company buys a lot of stuff from these guys so I did get a whopping 3% discount. $232 in the end.

FYI, search Bing.com for Tiger Direct and get 12.8% cash back. It been like that for about a week now.

Tiger seems to have the best current price with that 12.8% cashback. Mwave's ebay store sometimes has the best price on them (new, not refurbished btw)

Tiger seems to have the best current price with that 12.8% cashback. Mwave's ebay store sometimes has the best price on them (new, not refurbished btw)

Don't forget there's also BCB at eBay. The last I checked it was at about 10%.

Don't forget there's also BCB at eBay. The last I checked it was at about 10%.
Unfortunately Ebay cashback is at 8% right now, and i'm pretty sure Mwave's ebay store jacked the prices a little bit.

Ebay search tip: do separate searches for "X25-M" and "Intel SSD" and "80GB SSD" ... each search will turn up slightly different results, and possibly better prices.

Beware, I ordered my X25 from mwave and it was used according to intel SSD Toolbox: 12 unsafe poweroffs, 9 hours total used time, 22 power ons. I've sent them a message on ebay to ask for an explanation before I rate them.

States on their eBay page:
mwave ebay said:
In original box and packing, with all accessories!

Condition: 100% Brand New

Last edited:
Beware, I ordered my X25 from mwave and it was used according to intel SSD Toolbox: 12 unsafe poweroffs, 9 hours total used time, 22 power ons. I've sent them a message on ebay to ask for an explanation before I rate them.

Wow that sounds shady.

why ask for an explanation when it obviously isn't going to help, even if you get an honest answer? Let them exchange it for a brand new one as they should.

If they don't follow up with the exchange in a semi-timely manner then take that into consideration with your feedback.

12 unsafe power offs? whatever that means i'd exchange it for that reason alone, not to mention you paid for a new drive.

Good luck either way.

Wow that sounds shady.
Some dumb employee probably mixed it with new stock.Wouldn't normally defend them but they're a highly rated merchant otherwise (reselleratings + ebay feedback)

FYI, if you buy through Tigerdirect; you can use ebillme for $25 off instantly as well!

And yeah, it's refurbished, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes products are actually better after being refurbished.
Not with SSDs - they have limited write cycles and you suggest to pick one up AFTER someone made god knows how many writes on it?

It's normal for all NEW Intel SSDs - they are factory tested. Instead of # of power off, look at how many GBs were written - they are about 70, right? It's just factory testing, all new 80gb have ~70 gb written on them and 160s - ~140

$229 is what Gen 2 80GB is SUPPOSED to be sold for, and what it debuted as. Too much demand has pushed up prices.

Isn't that kind of specious, since the number of writes required to brick a modern SSD is, uh, a lot?

http://www.storagesearch.com/ssdmyths-endurance.html

Be as it may, would you rather use up part of your SSD's life yourself or let someone else do it for you first? I mean, you are not wearing second-hand underwear, do you? There are things that you don't want used because you don't know where it's been, and SSDs is among them because you can't be sure if only 1% of its life was used up or 50%.

I can also provide links for modern SSDs being destroyed after a day of extremely heavy use. Links mean nothing - SSD technology is still new and nothing is 100% certain. Yes, you might be fine if you get a used SSD but won't you be rather covered with manufacturer's warranty and not have to worry about how your brand-spanking new refurb SSD will behave? Or do you like taking chances while paying pretty much the same money a new drive costs? I dunno about you but I don't want to be paying new item price for a used one.

Last edited:
Be as it may, would you rather use up part of your SSD's life yourself or let someone else do it for you first? I mean, you are not wearing second-hand underwear, do you? There are things that you don't want used because you don't know where it's been, and SSDs is among them because you can't be sure if only 1% of its life was used up or 50%.

I can also provide links for modern SSDs being destroyed after a day of extremely heavy use. Links mean nothing - SSD technology is still new and nothing is 100% certain. Yes, you might be fine if you get a used SSD but won't you be rather covered with manufacturer's warranty and not have to worry about how your brand-spanking new refurb SSD will behave? Or do you like taking chances while paying pretty much the same money a new drive costs? I dunno about you but I don't want to be paying new item price for a used one.

please try not to slip into trolling or being rude, you make a valid point, but its the same with all used items, it comes down to whether or not your ok with someone else using up part of its life span before you get to, thats why used is cheaper, because they could have done ANYTHING to it, its the same with hard drives.

thats why used is cheaper

Not in this case. Refurb here costs the same as new in some other places. So ask you again: do you really want a used item at the price of a new one? or even at 10% discount? Any piece of hardware can fail, and is the risk of losing $200 worth saving $20?

Last edited:

Is there a trick to get 12.8%? I'm only seeing 8% when I search for an x25 and choose tiger.

Is there a trick to get 12.8%? I'm only seeing 8% when I search for an x25 and choose tiger.

Yes

You have to search Bing using the key words "Tiger direct" then look for the 12.8% Tiger banner ad and click it. You may have to refresh the page a few times to get the banner ad to show up. Then once you're at the Tiger site you manually search for the drive.

Back