Hot Crucial m4 128gb - $169.95 or $159.95 shipped with coupon

MissJ84

2[H]4U
I can't believe this wasn't posted earlier, but anyway Buy.com has Crucial 128gb m4 for $169.95 (Free Shipping). Just make sure you pick the slow shipping option at the last checkout page
http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=221150373

$10 off $150 coupon - For new customers only. I just ordered and had make a new account and use a new CC to get the $10 off.
http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=82955137

Credit goes to CordaroyFog from SD

Edit: I'm not 100% sure if its okay to post this but its also available on Ebay through buy.com for $169.95 http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Crucial...ltDomain_0&hash=item5d3193666f#ht_3020wt_1313

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow!. I love the lower prices of Solid State Drives these days. Is this hot guys? I am not entirely sure.

Wow!. I love the lower prices of Solid State Drives these days. Is this hot guys? I am not entirely sure.

Initially I wasn't going to put hot, but I'm positive this is hot if you can get it for $160. Now I have to figure out what to do with a second one. :D

That's an awesome deal. I just paid $180 from amazon last week, and that was the lowest they'd been in a while.

Available for the same price on the BB marketplace as well via buy.com. While many of us hate BB, we can at least use/earn RZ points for it.
I know i've literally got a couple hundred RZ points stacked up from triple point days and whatnot.

Why is this such a good deal? can someone tell me? Is it because this is a fast ssd? and you cant get 128gb drives for less?

I believe it is because Crucial is one of the much better SSDs.

awesome deal.

You might not consider 128GB a lot, and 160 dollars a lot for said drive, but...

I have windows 7 loaded

quite a few games that I want to load instantly

and still have 40GB free.

And this drive scores me 7.2 in the windows score. When I first installed it, it scored 7.8, but I just considered that a fluke - either way - this drive freaking rocks. If you've been thinking about a SSD - JUMP ON THIS

awesome deal.

You might not consider 128GB a lot, and 160 dollars a lot for said drive, but...

I have windows 7 loaded

quite a few games that I want to load instantly

and still have 40GB free.

And this drive scores me 7.2 in the windows score. When I first installed it, it scored 7.8, but I just considered that a fluke - either way - this drive freaking rocks. If you've been thinking about a SSD - JUMP ON THIS
I thought they scored at 7.9?

Man. You guys going crazy over this deal makes me wonder about it lol. Should I or should I not. I just sold my kingston SSD 64gb to my friend for cheap. So I got around 60 of it covered.

yeah this is a hot deal. tempted even though i just bought a samsung 830.... hmmm may get this and pop it in my ps3

God damnit! lol. I bought it. My buddy helped offset the cost by buying my other drive. So hope it performs nice! Been spending a lot lately.

Good price.
Just sent the price to Amazon, hopefully they'll match it :)

how do you get the $10 off coupon if you already have an account with buy.com?

you have to make another account with a new address and all?

how do you get the $10 off coupon if you already have an account with buy.com?

you have to make another account with a new address and all?

I made a new account and used the same card, but the coupon wouldn't work. I then made a new account, used a different card and it went through. This was all with the same address :)

I made a new account and used the same card, but the coupon wouldn't work. I then made a new account, used a different card and it went through. This was all with the same address :)

same e-mail as well?

i haven't used my buy.com account in forever, so i'm sure it has my old CC info...i know if i make a new account, i would input my new CC info, and they wouldn't know that part...but i do live at the same address and still use the same e-mail

same e-mail as well?

i haven't used my buy.com account in forever, so i'm sure it has my old CC info...i know if i make a new account, i would input my new CC info, and they wouldn't know that part...but i do live at the same address and still use the same e-mail

Sorry, I meant to imply new email with new account. I'd make a new account with a new email and use the new card. Same address shouldn't matter. That's what worked for me anyway.

This is a great drive at a good price. I picked one up in December for normal price and I'm happy with it.

Easy installation. No frills or bonus software crap.

Quick FYI - it needs to be formatted before use and for the newly H folks, you can do this during a Win7 OS install.

Cheers to those grabbing one.

I'm tempted to get a second but not really needed at this point. :D

In for one! New customer, and used Discover for 5% cashback through "ShopDiscover"

I am just now starting to piece together a new machine. Saved me $20, versus Newegg

Crap, I used Discover. I wasn't aware of ShopDiscover. I guess I'll just get the .1% cashback or whatever they offer.

already have one of these in my macbook pro.
thinking of removing the 500gb 7200 drive also in there and running two c4's in a raid 0....

hmm...

In for one. i've been wanting to get on the SSD train for some time. Thank OP.

This is a great drive at a good price. I picked one up in December for normal price and I'm happy with it.

Quick FYI - it needs to be formatted before use and for the newly H folks, you can do this during a Win7 OS install.

I don't recall if I did a full format - I believe I just installed after *making sure to ugprade the firmware to 009.* (super super important - yours will probably come at ver 002)

I don't recall if I did a full format - I believe I just installed after *making sure to ugprade the firmware to 009.* (super super important - yours will probably come at ver 002)

how do we upgrade the firmware?

I seem to remember people receiving them with 009 for at least the past month or so. Mine came with 009.

Is the firmware ver mentioned on the sticker on the drive, or do we need a tool to find it? I think its worth waiting a few days for the firmware fix to come out on the 16th for all the people who ordered it.

I got my shipping refunded to me! so I got it for 160 with 2 day shipping lol. Hell yea! Comes friday.

how do we upgrade the firmware?

Go here, burn to disk, boot to disk with ssd as only drive (recommended anyway) follow instructions on the same page.

Is the firmware ver mentioned on the sticker on the drive, or do we need a tool to find it? I think its worth waiting a few days for the firmware fix to come out on the 16th for all the people who ordered it.

It should be on the sticker on the drive.

Back