HOT!!! Built by ATI Radeon X800 XT in X800 Pro box

sp00

Limp Gawd
First of all, this comes from this thread at fatwallet.

Here's the skinny:
Some CompUSA stores are selling the card (~$400) that has Rage Theater VIVO chip on the back and comes with with the VIVO cable. Also 1.6NS Samsung RAM. All specs point to a 800XT. People are also soft modding this card with an 800XT bios to unlock the 4 pipes and make it into an XT.

Serial number thats supposed to be an 800XT is 630430.....01. They also had one card that was 630431....1 so I did not get that one. This might be great opportunity while they still have these cards around.

Rage 3D thread

modding the card

Another thread on modding the card

Some are reporting 630431....01 cards also have the VIVO chip. Don't get me wrong there are some that got BBA PRO cards and it did not come with the VIVO chip. It seems the safest bet for now is the 630430.... cards.

Also if anyone's worried about restocking fee just buy it with an AMEX card that carries return protection. Youc can return it to the store and fax them the restocking fee and AMEX will reimburse you for it. I've used it on quite a few occasions.

this is doable on any x800Pro card that has the VIVO chip and 1.6NS Samsung ram. These cards are not necessarily limited to CUSA but should also be at BBuy and Ccity as far I know. Just look for Serial number that starts with 630430 or 630431. No guarantee you will get a card with vivo and 1.6ns ram but this is all we have to go on for now.

--edit--

link to CUSA page

How does the XT compare to the 6800 Ultra (Or GT overclocked to Ultra)?

ShepsCrook said:
How does the XT compare to the 6800 Ultra (Or GT overclocked to Ultra)?

Go read the vid card forum, dude. Like every other thread.

630429..... = All VIVO 1.6ns memory
630430..... = All VIVO 1.6ns memory
630431..... = Pot luck, some appear to be VIVO w/ 1.6ns memory and some are regular Pros with 2.0ns memory

Great, I opened up the only one in the bunch with serial number 630428, all the others I have are 630429. My g/f messed up the shrinkwrap on that one and I didnt want to sell one that looked messed up.

Well, I checked two of the 630429's and they dont have the vivo chip

ShepsCrook said:
A simple yes or no would have been easier "dude"

How would that have answered your question as to which is better?

You - How does this compare to a 6800 Ultra?
Him - Yes

:D

Think about it...

How does this compare to the 6800 Ultra or GT Overclocked?
Yes (Yes COULD be taken as "yes it does compare" in that statement as crude of an answer it would be.)

But, no matter anymore. You just seem to want to mock a question instead of making a personal opinion answer for it so it doesn't matter. I figured some of you would actually have a sensible answer for it but I guess not.

630432 is the serial of my card purchased from Comp USA about 2 weeks ago
which is also a vivo chip, and works perfectly as an XT at default clocks.

ShepsCrook said:
Think about it...

How does this compare to the 6800 Ultra or GT Overclocked?
Yes (Yes COULD be taken as "yes it does compare" in that statement as crude of an answer it would be.)

But, no matter anymore. You just seem to want to mock a question instead of making a personal opinion answer for it so it doesn't matter. I figured some of you would actually have a sensible answer for it but I guess not.

sheps i dont meant to mock you, but that was not a yes or no question. And there is no simple answer to that question. That is why there are so many threads about it in the videocard thread. just search around it for a couple mins and im sure you come to a educated decision.

the VIVO cards packaged in the regular x800 Pro boxes isnt nothing new.

people have been talking about this now on the net for almost two months or so...

it use to be that one getting a VIVO card in an x800 Pro box that would soft mod to an XT PE were pretty good chances.

*however*

it seems like lately most (if not all) of these VIVO cards havent been able to run up to XT PE standards.

I know this cuz the last five or six cards that I've gotten from Comp USA were all duds when I tried to soft mod them to XT PE specs which is sad cuz they use to not be so bad during their initial batch of cards.

oh well. I guess that Comp USA is starting to get more and more XT PE rejects from ATi as time moves on.

MasterFrmMO88 said:
I guess im one of the lucky ones, serial number 630431 and it does have the VIVO chip :D

just cuz one gets a VIVO equiped card doesnt mean its going to successfully soft mod into an XT PE.

palabared said:
sheps i dont meant to mock you, but that was not a yes or no question. And there is no simple answer to that question. That is why there are so many threads about it in the videocard thread. just search around it for a couple mins and im sure you come to a educated decision.

Ah come on, everyone has their lazy days :D

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=320814

Manufacturer SKU: 100580VIVO

is that good for an xt pipeline flash(theoreticaly)?

Back