Hot! Asus 24'' LCD Monitor - $179 ($169 after MIR), FS

Hmm tempting... Plus another $30 off with ebill me later. Very tempting ideed. Too bad its only 1920x1080 though.

ill have to think about this one.

meh, for an 1080 its a good deal. but if your going 24" might as well go with 1200...good price though

If you are going to get a 32" I would go with a higher res. Anything over 26" I think would be better at a higher res for a computer display. The text will look a lot better.

What's bigger than 32" and has a higher resolution than 1080p?

23" versus 23.6" is not a difference. I went with the 23" instead of this one because it is 2ms response time versus the 5ms on this one. Too me that is a bigger difference than the .6" in size.

I have a VW246H that I got for $205 and I'm pretty happy with it. Don't know how much it differs from the one in the OP though. Back light bleed is noticable like any TN panel but otherwise a really nice monitor and very very low lag(which is why I bought it).

It can be found here: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10009799

The only difference I was able to find was a 3ms response time difference. I have the 22" version of the OP that I just got from newegg on a deal for $120, and it has a 5ms response time as opposed to the 2ms response time on the screen which you linked. I have no reason to buy the more expensive version since I rarely do much on my computer screen aside from playing WoW and surfing the net, which is why I bought the cheaper one. I also would like to add that if you have an Xbox 360 or a PS3 that has HDMI output these monitors are AMAZING for playing games on (especially since they have all the different lighting modes for movies, games etc.). I think I might bite off on one of these since I can use the eBillme thing and get another $30 off which makes it $140 and a Smoking Hot deal.

Yeah the HDMI input is very nice, another reason I bought one.

ya, it's great to be able to just change inputs and play Xbox or PS3 at my desk and still have the internet up on the screen next to it.

A 42" would be bigger, but it will have the same resolution of 1920x1080. In a 32" you can get this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176071

2560 x 1600 resolution. They will come down in price towards the end of the year.

Thats a 30". What's bigger than 30 inches and has a higher resolution than 2560x1600?

I ask because as far as I know the highest consumer level PC displays are only at 30 inches 2560x1600. Anything bigger has to be a 1080p HDTV 32" or bigger.

I believe, at least easily obtainable, the highest res on the biggest monitor you are gonna see is the 2560x1600 on the 30 inchers. TVs are much bigger but usually around 1080p res.

The highest res I have seen are the IBM T220 and T221....3840×2400 in a 22" :eek:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T221

Thats a 30". What's bigger than 30 inches and has a higher resolution than 2560x1600?

I ask because as far as I know the highest consumer level PC displays are only at 30 inches 2560x1600. Anything bigger has to be a 1080p HDTV 32" or bigger.

Yeah, my bad it's a 30" not 32". My point was to the person I quoted that once you go past 30" you are back to 1080p which is great for TV and movies, but not as nice as a 30" with higher res for games that can take advantage of the higher res unlike TV and Movies.

Check your math. They are both 1920 wide, one is 120pixels taller. That would be 1920 x 120 which equals 230,400 pixels. Rough guess, that is about 1.75" taller for a 1920x1200.

What is the quality of this monitor? Like every other TN on the market?

Like every other TN on the market?

Well TNs vary greatly, so I probably wouldnt slam it just like that.

I have 2 of the same TN monitor in fact, and one is fantastic while the other is a bit more stereotypical TN quality.

Well TNs vary greatly, so I probably wouldnt slam it just like that.

I have 2 of the same TN monitor in fact, and one is fantastic while the other is a bit more stereotypical TN quality.

You are very correct.

These monitors are really nice TN panels. I've used some of them, and I wouldn't mind working on one all day. Great buy OP, and the 23" for $10 cheaper is also excellent. I've compared these new Asus monitors to the Acers floating all around the sales and these kick their butts.

so here is the break down I see from ZZF
$173.99
-$20 *MIR
-$30 *Ebillme
~$2.5 *Bing Cashback
~$121.5 or so right?
AWESOME SUPERHOT DEAL!?!!!

My math was right
happyanim.gif

Back