Hot! 2600K $199.99 Micro Center in-store only

ziddey

Supreme [H]ardness
Eiwk7.png

Update: Deal is now live on the website and available for 18 minute pickup. Seem to be having issues logging in at the moment though.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0354587

$60 discount off original z68 motherboard prices. P8Z68-V originally $130, on sale now for $115, with 2600K is $70.

Last edited:
2600k is a beast coming from x6 phenom II, foocking awesome deal for sure!!!!!!! i hate mc not being near me. does frys pm their deals?

Very nice and I bet it will work with some mobo combo just check when you are in there. I came here to post this but I see someone has already done so.

Damn... its just not fair...

I wish I had a MC near me.

Could someone get this for me? I'll pay CPU price + shipping + tax, obviously. You'll get gratitude + heatware + karma points!

Tempted to sell my 2500K and get this...

But IB is releasing on the 23rd?!

Haha, I'd be mad but I just bought a USED I7 2600K for $220 , So whatever, with TAX it would have been close too $220 + i'd have too drive 50 miles , so still cheaper in the end and they can shove the stock heatsink where the sun don't shine cause im not rocking 5 GHZ on that :-P

Are they giving discounts on the motherboards?

This month's ad only lists the 2500k as coming with a mobo discount, but last time I was at the store during the same deal (several months ago), they were doing both the 2500k and 2600k. Odds are it is just the i5 since that is what is advertised, but it's worth asking at least.

On a side note, I went ahead and tried to reserve one for in-store pickup. I doubt it happens, but it's worth a shot I suppose lol. Also, the website still shows the 2600k as $279.

Email does not state when the promotion ends, and website does not show in-store deal. Assume these will fly off the shelves.

I wonder how much NIB 2500k's sell for online. Might be tempted to pick up a 2500k as well to get the mb combo deal and sell the cpu.

If I don't OC, how does this compare to a phenom 2, x6 ?

Light gaming, lots of Linux, some video encoding...

Are they giving discounts on the motherboards?

I just did a basket check and yes there is a $50 discount on the purchase of a NEW (not open box) motherboard. I "purchased" a 2600k and a GB z68 UD3 and the board dropped in price by $50 plus the $15 MIR attached to with the board. It came down to to $95 plus tax for the board. This seems to be a pretty solid if someone wants to upgrade now with tax refund monies coming in.

Wasn't the 2600k 270 or 280 for the longest time and before that around 229 for awhile? Good luck to all who go for the deal.

Nice deal.

Reminds me of when MC was blowing the 950's out the door for $199. If I didn't have a BNIB 2700k waiting for a mobo home I would jump on this deal in a heartbeat.

If I don't OC, how does this compare to a phenom 2, x6 ?

Light gaming, lots of Linux, some video encoding...

It annihilates the Phenom. For any task that can't thread out to use all 6 CPUs it is amazingly faster. Even for tasks that can, it is still faster for almost all of them. The Sand Bridge architecture is just damn efficient and fast per clock.

Gaming it really shines in since games often aren't as multi-threaded as they should be, and even when they are they often have one thread that is much more heavily loaded.

The closest I've seen the Phenom x6 come is in x264 tests. It can beat the i5-2500 by a bit, but still can't beat the i7-2600.

Now this isn't to say you MUST HAZ or anything, if you are pleased with what you've got, then stick with it. However it is faster, no question, on every task I've seen, sometimes much, much faster (like 2x the speed).

Am I mad that I spent 300 on this proc over a year ago?

NOPE!!!! :D :D :D :D

Anyone want to buy a 2600K from me for $270? I bought it a month ago from MC and haven't opened the box yet. :p

Damnit all. My brother is flying to boston next friday and could pick me up one. Run this just 1 week longer MC.. Please!

For that price.... Can't hold back, i work 5 minutes away from the MC here.... 90% chance i'm gonna swing over during lunch break to snatch one just to put on display.... already running an X79 rig :D

2500k/2600k are, to borrow a phrase from a certain tournament that is so ridiculous it's unreal... G-G-G-Godlike.

For those wondering, I did the "18min store pickup" option last night, and I got an email this morning that said my processor was waiting for me at the pickup counter. They apparently ARE holding them, so if you have to work today, just order online and do the in-store pickup option.

If you wanted to build a small rig for ESX, this proc is PERFECT.

I really wish I had a microcenter around... you could end up with a rig that would be very cheap that could run around 6 VM's without breaking a sweat. (except at the hard drive level of course - that's why you run RAID or SSD's)

Dangs, and I finally couldn't wait any longer and bought a 2500K combo last month. Oh well, still perfectly happy with my upgrade.

While I understand Microcenter isn't an option for everyone, I have to chuckle a little bit about all of the "Sandy Bridge CPUs won't get any cheaper when Ivy is launched" comments flying around the Intel CPU forum these past few months. There are always exceptions to the rule...

Good luck to the folks who can grab this; website shows 10+ still available at the Denver store.

so tempted to have my Bro-In-Law snag one for me....

MUST HOLD OUT FOR IVY!!!

Make sure you reserve online so when you get to the store they have it ready for you. :D

I'm *really* close to grabbing one of these and not waiting for IB. My entire rig is done except for MB, CPU, GPU.

The fact that Microcenter doesn't have the exact MB that I want, nor do they have *any* gtx 680s is helping me not get in my car...

Still hard to resist saving $120 on my rig. (or $80 off of Microcenter's normal price for this cpu)

RAWR!!!! Damm you Microcenter! Buy out the worstbuy store near me and open up a Microcenter! NOW!!!!!

I second that tought! Im sick of not having any B&M stores to by computer parts from other than the stupid worst buy that sells over priced crap.

Back