!HOT! 1TB Seagate SSHD ST1000LM014 95.99 @ Amazon

has anyone been using one for a while?

Be careful- The reviews seem to indicate these are not covered by the Seagate 3 year warranty because they are OEM.

do these actually increase speed much if used as a storage/game drive? I already have a ssd as a boot drive with my OS and all programs I use on a regular basis on it, my D drive is where all games get installed, downloads go, etc.

Very tempting for my wife's laptop (Latitude E6430) that has a standard 320 GB 7200 RPM HDD in it. Are these any faster for transferring files to/from than a standard 7200 RPM HDD would be since it's only 5400 RPM? She does a lot of picture editing and raw images are 7-9 MBs/piece and transferring 10-20 GBs of pics to her laptop at any one time. I've been eyeballing a 750 GB Momentous XT (7200 RPM hybrid SSH/HDD drive) too and am wondering if that's much better for large file transfers like what she does.

OEM drive warranty is concering too though from what that top review says. It seems like Amazon is picking up Seagate's slack though for people who are having issues with the drive.

From the brief reading I've done, the drive learns from your usage.
Initially won't be very fast, but as you start to use the same files (windows, games,etc.) it will move them to the SSD portion of the drive and that's when you'll notice the speed increase.

Back