Hosting for foundation

onetwenty8k

2[H]4U
This is not an ordinary web hosting thread. My dad died almost a year ago from pancreatic cancer. In honor of him, my mom is setting up a foundation for him. The goal will be to raise money for pancreatic cancer research, we donate to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York because that's where Dr. Fine (leading researcher in the field) conducts his research. We have filed all the legal papers to be recognized as a legal non-profit and they should be approved soon. The site itself will be the information center for the organization, we will be organizing a motorcycle ride (he was an avid rider, Harley and BMW bikes), and also it will have information on the disease because people need information fast on this disease, it spreads incredibly quickly and there isn't great information available on the internet without looking for days and weeks that you don't have.

I am going to be the webmaster for the site. I have registered the domain (turpinfoundation.org) for 5 years which seemed like a long enough period for now. The website is being designed by professionals in the advertising field (both of my parents work/worked in advertising) and I will be writing the site over the next few months. Can someone direct me to a place where I can get free hosting for this type of site, I've looked into some free hosts but a lot of them have forced ads or some other undesirables. Can I get some advice on how to proceed right now?

Thanks.

Send me a PM, the company I work for has a few VPS servers and I will gladly set you up an account on one of them. Fire me a message with your needs, space, bandwidth and server-languages.

Have you worked this out yet? If not I would be willing to offer hosting for your cause at no cost to you. PM me and let me know your requirements, and I will see if I can be any help. If you have already taken care of this, please disregard.

Best Wishes,
Mike :)

The Donut is helping me, but thank you so very much for the offer, this really means a lot to me to get this help. This aspect of computing I know nothing about so it is quite overwhelming when first starting.

Dreamhost offers free hosting for 501c3 non profits if that applies to you. Its a super deal, my work has a non profit account through them, I forget all the details but I know it comes with unlimited storage and bandwidth and lots more. Here is link where you can get more info/sign up if you are interested. http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Non-profit_Discount
I admire what you are doing, good luck:)

Back