Hosted Exchange server

Teecee

Gawd
I have a friend that runs a small business. Currently her email is being hosted by this tiny consultant firm that is using some extremely old linux based email system. She just got a blackberry and is having a crazy time trying to get emails to sync with her BB and her server. We have tried several different things and it seems like it works sometimes and sometimes not. When it does work it creates duplicate emails in her mailbox. I have several BB users on my site and have never seen this with any of my servers.

So I was wondering if it would be worth moving to a hosted exchange server. They are $15-$30 a month which is not much for her so the price isnt an issue. Has anyone ever used any of these services? Any comments on them or suggestions?

Thanks.

I have a client that went with hosted exchange from Cbeyond, dunno the price but they do offer BES support.

Most major ips's will do hosted exchange now

ive used intermeida and others.

now only put clients on rackspace, 100 percent they say.

intermedia goes down alot, well worth using rackspace.

ive used intermeida and others.

now only put clients on rackspace, 100 percent they say.

intermedia goes down alot, well worth using rackspace.
A client tried using rackspace and was less than impressed. Infact it was so bad we pulled them off within a month of getting on. I've heard many people having the same issues Outlook was ok, but not great, Entourage was unusable it was so slow. I'd never use (or recommend) rackspace again.

what didnt impress them?

hosted exchange isnt for some, some clients have huge data files which makes hosted exchange a pain but i have about 40 emails on hosted exchange from rackspace and its great,i never have any calls, get a call from a few clients about intermedia not connecting (one big thing was a few days ago, ac in the server rooms failed was down for 4 hours).

hosted exchange from any company is great for small clients, doesnt work past 10 imo, once you get to that 10 person mark you really should have a sbs server in house and its not more expensive tohost your own

what didnt impress them?

hosted exchange isnt for some, some clients have huge data files which makes hosted exchange a pain but i have about 40 emails on hosted exchange from rackspace and its great,i never have any calls, get a call from a few clients about intermedia not connecting (one big thing was a few days ago, ac in the server rooms failed was down for 4 hours).

hosted exchange from any company is great for small clients, doesnt work past 10 imo, once you get to that 10 person mark you really should have a sbs server in house and its not more expensive tohost your own
The speed, or lack of. Like I said, outlook was ok most of the time (although even outlook would time-out and not be bale to connect) but Entourage for our Mac users was unusable. These were all new mailboxes without any mail migrated to them. Our connection was a dedicated fiber line (100mb/s) so I know it wasn't our connection. Like I said, it was so bad that we moved them off within a month of moving on.

Back