• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Host key verification failed

ICE_9

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
3,459
I figured I would open this up to everyone since it might be a learning experiance to all new fold server operators.

On the change config page, when I click on the buttons for changes on my clients, I get Host key verification failed error on all of them except for one. The only one that useds no floppy image for boot. It uses PXE.

What does this mean?

How do I fix it?

Thanks for your help.
 
I think you need to SSH the boxen for them to work.

For the record though, I have no clue.
 
Marty is right, you have to ssh to each client from the server for the status page to work. Just type: ssh 10.3.1.whatever for all the clients connected.

Oldbenwa
 
so, why does it work for the pxe boxen then?

BTW, the SSH thing worked. thanks! :D
 
Hint: DNS is set up so that instead of doing "ssh 10.3.1.77", you can type "ssh fold-client77" instead. Saves *so much* typing, I know.

Probably sshed to the PXE box at some point, and that's why it worked... Or maybe I sshed to one numbered the same way, and the fact that I did got saved in fold-server. :rolleyes: I'm so consistent...
 
Back
Top