Host a Windows 7 Launch Party, Get Free Stuff

Signed up early.

Got this spam already from them (have to go change that option..)

Party Date: Saturday, October 10, 2009
Avocados from Mexico - The Big Hit House Party
Make a Big Hit with the Crowd.
Host an Avocados from Mexico —
The Big Hit House Party.

You’ll know you made the right pick when you choose this playoff party.

Because no matter what team everyone is rooting for, the star of your party will be Avocados from Mexico!

Whether you put them on a hot dog, a sandwich, or a dip, adding their rich creamy texture makes any of the many ways you serve them a home run.

And on October 10, you’ll experience firsthand how fresh guacamole made with Avocados from Mexico makes any prepackaged dip look like a minor leaguer!

So step up to the plate and sign up for an exclusive opportunity to catch some exciting playoff baseball, score great free stuff, and discover how Avocados from Mexico can be the MVP at any party or meal.

Like playoff tickets, spaces are limited.
APPLY NOW!

What is houseparty.com?

houseparty.com connects people through parties. Use the helpful tools to plan your party, create invites, join sponsored events, share pictures and video, and explore thousands of parties being held in homes around the country.

MMMmmmmm Avocados!

LSUfo.png

Hilarious.

Yeah, sucking up your self esteem and getting kicked in the nads by your friends for hosting something so incredibly lame so you can get a free copy of Windows, sounds awesome

I'm not going to rag on Microsoft here. They are REALLY trying to get windows 7 out and I think it's pretty necessary. XP is hold computers back.

Hilarious.

Yeah, sucking up your self esteem and getting kicked in the nads by your friends for hosting something so incredibly lame so you can get a free copy of Windows, sounds awesome

Are you the type that gets kicked in the nads for not living up to your friends expectations?

Are your friends the type that would kick you in the nads for no good reason?

It's time for a re-evaluation of self and friends.

Are you the type that gets kicked in the nads for not living up to your friends expectations?

+1 :D

What would they say if you live webcammed an Adult only version of this "Party" or maybe a Pineapple Express version?

No, I'm the bully. :(

And yes, if any of them did this I would laugh my ass off; I can't imagine much that is lamer than self-marketing for a massive corporation and getting a measly copy of Windows in return, sad.

As for Windows 7, I'll take my friend's MS employee discount as I always do, thank you very much. :cool:

i signed up, why the heck not, so you post a few comments to a site, invite a handful of friends and family who may or may not show up....free geek stuff and a free copy of Win 7 Ult to boot....i dont see the harm honestly, so the local news stops by and does a 5 minute interview (if they even bother, there will probably be a much bigger happening for it in my area than my little party so they will pick the biggest one anyways to go to)

so i am wondering now...how are they actually going to verify you held the party....they cant hold you accountable for people not showing up, you invited them which was the deal after all....or are you going to have to have 10 random IP's log into the site afterwards to fill out a survey in order to validate the "party"?

i can see where this is going, we go play cards and drink and play music with some friends every other weekend anyways....we will just be having it at my house this particular weekend, drink, play cards as usual.....and most of the people i invite wont show up....

i signed up, why the heck not, so you post a few comments to a site, invite a handful of friends and family who may or may not show up....free geek stuff and a free copy of Win 7 Ult to boot....i dont see the harm honestly, so the local news stops by and does a 5 minute interview (if they even bother, there will probably be a much bigger happening for it in my area than my little party so they will pick the biggest one anyways to go to)

so i am wondering now...how are they actually going to verify you held the party....they cant hold you accountable for people not showing up, you invited them which was the deal after all....or are you going to have to have 10 random IP's log into the site afterwards to fill out a survey in order to validate the "party"?

i can see where this is going, we go play cards and drink and play music with some friends every other weekend anyways....we will just be having it at my house this particular weekend, drink, play cards as usual.....and most of the people i invite wont show up....

Yeah, I take back what I said earlier, it was mean (although I'd still have a laugh :)).

It would be good times, like any other get together except that it's focused around a machine running Windows, whatever.

A friend of mine hosted a Nintendo DS "girl gamer" gathering at her place (also kind of lame :)), I'll ask her how it went. I think there was a rep from Nintendo there but I could be wrong, I'll ask. I would assume that there will be a Microsoft rep present to bring in the notebooks running Windows 7. That's a pretty safe way to confirm that you hosted something other than a BYOB with three friends. :)

Fuck I use smileys a lot....

I think its because people here are so quick on the anger trigger. Anyway, gotta start doing a smiley count

Yeah, I take back what I said earlier, it was mean (although I'd still have a laugh :)).

It would be good times, like any other get together except that it's focused around a machine running Windows, whatever.

A friend of mine hosted a Nintendo DS "girl gamer" gathering at her place (also kind of lame :)), I'll ask her how it went. I think there was a rep from Nintendo there but I could be wrong, I'll ask. I would assume that there will be a Microsoft rep present to bring in the notebooks running Windows 7. That's a pretty safe way to confirm that you hosted something other than a BYOB with three friends. :)

there is no Microsoft rep showing up to hand out laptops....the laptop is just something you are automaticaly entered into a drawing for by being chosen as a host, thats all....

Let me guess you play Windows Solitaire or Windows Hearts with your friends that don't show up, I can see that happening.:D
I signed up and I'm going out and find one wild party and film it.My brother is always good for a party:)

I personally think it sounds like a pretty new idea overall. I'll just have a LAN with 10 people invited... free win7 ultimate for hosting a lan? why not?

Alot of legal boilerplate just to sign up for this nonsense.

I guess free RETAIL W7 ultimate would be ok, but what kind of email/phone/mail spam is going to come out of this from this wacko "houseparty" operation?

Alot of legal boilerplate just to sign up for this nonsense.

I guess free RETAIL W7 ultimate would be ok, but what kind of email/phone/mail spam is going to come out of this from this wacko "houseparty" operation?

To my email/phone/mail spam junk accounts.

Dude, don't get me started.

I have 2 t-shirts made with the saying.. "ENGLISH motherfucker..Do you SPEAK it!" If you lived in Miami,Fl (little Cuba) like I do, you'd understand my frustration.

meh... you live in Miami (i do also) which you yourself called little Cuba (i would call it big Cuba, but w/e) and your complaining people speak spanish here? :confused:

people also speak creole in little haiti here in miami... you going to go complain over there? all the signs in public places are in english/spanish/creole...

or god forbid you might ever go to new orleans, there are people that speak french there! the horror! :eek:;)

seriously ligten up :D

im going to sign up :)

might wanna log onto houseparty.com and see if any got into this. I never received an e-mail from them stating I was accepted but i just logged in and checked and i'm in

cant beat FREE

dude i wish i could let them know I run a LAN center i can have like 80 people there i want more copies!

Totally pissed me off when I chose USA and it asked me for english or espanol. Then you choose Mexico and its just espanol. Fucking make an effort illegals!!

I just checked and added some friends and I got an email saying:
Congratulations... You are a Windows® 7 Launch Party host!!

Because you were among the first host finalists to set up your party online, you are confirmed as a host and will be receiving a free party package to share with your guests shortly before the party.
Packages will be mailed in time to arrive before your party date. Check your free party site regularly for news on what's in your package, when it's been shipped, and when you can expect it to arrive.
Meanwhile, don't forget to use the free Guest Manager tool to manage your invite list.
Use it to send invitations via email so your guests can join your online site when they RSVP. Don't have their email address? No problem -- use the print option, or just create a name-only record for them so they still appear on your party list.
And while you're online, be sure to check out and upload fun photos and videos, post comments to the national party blog, and look around for other cool features.
Please remember that information you post on the House Party website may be visible to the general public, so we advise you not to post any personally identifying information (such as last name, address, email or phone number). However, the information in your party invitations will only be visible to your guests.
Thank you for hosting a Windows® 7 Launch Party!

I got accepted. Sent out emails to family I know won't come, and friends who live 2 hours away and probably won't come...but an effort was made.

Hopefully I can get a few people to come over. I'll hand out some 90 day evals of Win 7 Enterprise if they don't have copies, and if nothing else, grill some burgers and have a LAN party

meh... you live in Miami (i do also) which you yourself called little Cuba (i would call it big Cuba, but w/e) and your complaining people speak spanish here? :confused:

people also speak creole in little haiti here in miami... you going to go complain over there? all the signs in public places are in english/spanish/creole...

or god forbid you might ever go to new orleans, there are people that speak french there! the horror! :eek:;)

seriously ligten up :D

im going to sign up :)

Been to New Orleans plenty of times... never had a problem understanding anyone or vice versa.

You see, my problem is not with people speaking Spanish (people can speak russian for all I care), its with people not understanding ENGLISH. Or speak english so poorly that communication is nearly impossible. Down here in Miami there's even billboards in Spanish (which I fucking hate)... I go into my local Publix deli section and ask to get a sub made, and this bitch has to GO GET SOMEONE THAT COULD SPEAK ENGLISH IN ORDER TO HELP ME.

Here's another one: Was calling CENTURY 21 about a new townhouse I was looking at and to set up an appointment to show the property (just last month), to make a very long story short, I had to wind up calling the Century 21 district office to send me someone from BROWARD to show me the home because THE LISTING AGENT DIDN"T SPEAK ENGLISH... Seriously?? YOu are working in the US selling homes and can't speak fucking english?? What does that tell you about the area...

I can go on and on and recite NUMEROUS examples. ANd if you live here you know damn well what I'm talking about. Though you probably don't care because you are probably of hispanic descent (just a guess). If you are or not I don't care... I used to date a FINE ass dominican chic and I don't discriminate. But I don't tolerate trying to do normal business with someone IN THE US that doesn't know the language of the land and won't bother to fucking learn it. I'll be damned if I'm forced to learn another language to accomadate (sp?) inidividuals as such and shouldn't have to.

lol, Gabe Newell made it on my list, a few friends and family, the rest were sent to people i havent talked to in years, a few whom i know i just signed them up for copius amounts of spam and did it willingly :)

Back