Horrible Hitman 3 Performance

psychot|K

Limp Gawd
Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running it on a X800 XT overclocked but no matter WHAT resolution I play it on, it's slow as hell. I installed Omega 6.5 drivers, used driver cleaner, applied the 1.1 patch and nothing works.

Hitman 3 is Contracts. I assume you're talking about Blood Money since it just came out, you might want to clarify that

psychot|K said:
Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running it on a X800 XT overclocked but no matter WHAT resolution I play it on, it's slow as hell. I installed Omega 6.5 drivers, used driver cleaner, applied the 1.1 patch and nothing works.

How much ram you got, I'm running a 6800gt and im running 2gb ram and works fine. Other thing could be an issue with the game wich ati will fex really soon. Good luck man

I have all my settings as LOW as they can go.

I looked into the BIOS for fast writes and it's enabled. I also forced fast writes in ATI Tool. Where did you enable it? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong...

I'm getting the same problem on my X850XT PC. It just has a weird FPS lag and is very unplayable. I have RivaTuner installed and in the AGP tab under Low-Level System Settings, fastwrites is on and in my BIOS the Fastwrites is on Automatic. It runs just fine on my X1900XTX PC.

Here are the release notes to the first patch which, among other things, fixes 'low performance issues experienced with some configurations.'

Stryker: So you have no solution to get it to work properly on your X850 PC? I did all the fastwrites stuff in the bios and in ATI Tool.

I saw the release notes for the 1.1 patch, so I installed it. Still no luck. It doesn't seem to be a FPS issue but a strange gameplay lag. Like, sometimes I have to hit "ESC" like 3 times before the menu actually pops up...

Anyone have a solution? I really don't want this to be a waste of money :(

Hitman is a terribly demanding game in the first place, my 9700pro had trouble with it some times. Especially in the rain.

~Adam

Back