Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Is a desktop setup with a horizontally mounted motherboard, and SI-120 better for cooling?
I know most everyone has a vertically mounted mobo, but I am wondering whether heatpipe CPU coolers will do better when mounted horizontally.
Im not to sure about the SI-120 but my thermalright SP-94 says if you mount it horizontally the cooling is better so it will probably be the same for the SI-120 as they are made by the same company.
Since we all know heat rises, it would make sense that a H setup would be more efficient than a V setup, but in the end it would depend on how much hot air you can exhaust from your case IMO. As an example, I have yet to see a H case w/ exhaust vents on the top of the case
I suggest that efficient case ventilation - efficient forced volumetric air flow-through - is much more important than orientation of the plane of the motherboard.
If internal case temps are your primary concern, I would be much more concerned about efficently replacing accumulating warm air with cooler ambient room air.
I would consider board plane orientation as a form-factor, convenience or personal preference issue.