• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Horizontal Case Suggestions

someone11

n00b
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
21
I'm looking to change cases to a horizontal design (like a media center pc case), but I'm not sure which ones to check out. I use my pc for gaming, and would need a full size case (I have a Gigabyte Z77X UD4H mobo and GTX 780 graphics card). Does anyone have suggestions on a full size horizontal case that has adequate cooling?
 
Love my Raven case in sig. Bought a different version for son and a smaller one for wife. I will probably always buy the SS cases from now on due to my experience with them now. After like 3/4 years, still not a spec of dust in the case at all. Best purchase I have made in all the years gaming...
 
this might be a completely worthless question, but could you just put your current tower on its side?
 
1: What's your budget.
2: How big do you want to go? (Do you REALLY want to put a monster like the Coolermaster HAF XB Evo or the Thermaltake Core X9 on your shelf?) This can be a problem because ATX horizontals get big pretty fast.

If you're looking for something full-height but not insane (like the cases mentioned above, these two are probably a decent bet for you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100008308 50002031 600043623

And here's an unboxing of one of these: https://youtu.be/hdXGSSrCe6w
 
1: What's your budget.
2: How big do you want to go? (Do you REALLY want to put a monster like the Coolermaster HAF XB Evo or the Thermaltake Core X9 on your shelf?) This can be a problem because ATX horizontals get big pretty fast.

If you're looking for something full-height but not insane (like the cases mentioned above, these two are probably a decent bet for you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100008308 50002031 600043623

And here's an unboxing of one of these: https://youtu.be/hdXGSSrCe6w

I'm looking to spend $150 or less on the case. Full-height is probably enough for my needs. I just want something that will fit on the shelf and look good while providing adequate cooling. Since I'm using a gtx 780, I need a fairly large case to fit the gpu and cool it appropriately.
 
silverstone GD08 is an option if you want something that would fit on a media center. I had one for years, sold it recently.
 
Back
Top