Hopfully not a problem.

incomudro

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok guys what's up? So today my mountain mods twice7 comes so I unpack it ect...going to put all my stuff in and opps my PSU is too big. I have an OCZ Powerstream 520 right now that I love to death but its just too big. So here are the requirement for a new PSU.

SLI enough for 2x7800GTX's OCed a bit
Dualcore X2 4400 OC'ed
Needs 24pin (duh)
ESP 12v 8pin (really needs)
Needs to be normal sized PSU 140mm (i think)
Money is no object.
modualar would be nice.

Im thinking of getting a PCP&C 510SLI or something along that line.Does anyone have any comments?

incomudro said:
DFI ultra D but im going to be moving to the DFI expert when it comes out.

Well that eliminates the seasonic. If price really is no issue and the PC Power and Cooling will fit go for it. Other's to look at one would be the Enermax EG701AX-VE 600w or maybe the New NEO HE 550w to fit your modular itch.

Do any of those have ESP8 pin cos the new DFI is going to need that and id like to run it correctly not with a converter cable.

incomudro said:
Do any of those have ESP8 pin cos the new DFI is going to need that and id like to run it correctly not with a converter cable.

The Enermax does, the PC Power and Cooling does just tell them when you call, the NEO I believe does.

I was looking at the NeoHE it doesnt say that it can support SLI but im assuming the 3x12v are enough that it could sopport SLI .

thanks just wondering.

incomudro said:
I was looking at the NeoHE it doesnt say that it can support SLI but im assuming the 3x12v are enough that it could sopport SLI .

thanks just wondering.

Yeah it will....a lot of PSU's are not certified but will still run SLI.

alright cool then Im prolly going to get a NeoHE. Hey didnt I sell you some stuff befor?

yeah, a quality psu not being SLI certified just means the company doesn't care about it getting certified, cuz i think they have to pay nVidia royalties or something if its certified. example: no ocz psu's are sli certified, but im pretty sure they can run sli (modstream / powerstream)

incomudro said:
Ok guys what's up? So today my mountain mods twice7 comes so I unpack it ect...going to put all my stuff in and opps my PSU is too big. I have an OCZ Powerstream 520 right now that I love to death but its just too big. So here are the requirement for a new PSU.

SLI enough for 2x7800GTX's OCed a bit
Dualcore X2 4400 OC'ed
Needs 24pin (duh)
ESP 12v 8pin (really needs)
Needs to be normal sized PSU 140mm (i think)
Money is no object.
modualar would be nice.
Here is a PC P&C 510 MODULAR! The best of all worlds!

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...035da93196fedb97fb3c5a598e58&products_id=1735

Spectre said:
I have still yet to hear back from anyone who has purchased that and contacted PC Power adn Cooling about warranty service to see if the warranty is legit....have you?
No, I have not, however they state the the PC P&C 5yr warranty is still in effect on their website &
if that is a lie, IMO lawsuites would/will soon follow! :eek:

Back