Hopefully a simple question about Shuttles

Wanamingo

[H]ard|Gawd
I've built a number of "regular" PCs, but this is my first time building and modding a Shuttle XPC. Re-modding, I should say, since I bought a dead one with some mods I didn't like. Anyway, what actually holds the front piece of plexi (or whatever) onto the plastic piece behind it? More accurately (I think), what are the hex screws gripping? I don't recall removing anything else, and don't see anything missing, but after taking those two pieces apart to paint, and then trying to re-assemble, it looks to me that the "screw holes" at the corners don't have any threads! Huh?

Thanks in advance. Anyone who's had the front of a Shuttle off should be able to help me, I hope.

There are no threads. The front plexi cover with the XPC logo has four hex-bolts, one in each corner, that go into unthreaded holes in the plastic front plate right behind it. Is there normally a sheet or something between these two pieces that the bolts grip? That's the only thing that makes sense, especially regarding the "cosmetic" kits that Shuttle sells.

Think I answered my own question.

There are threads on the metal frame behind the plastic cover. I just took it off for my power LED mod as found in this forum. I reinstalled it without any problem. Just push the screws in and start turning. :cool:

Back