Hope this is the right place to post this?

Hello all you experts out there. I have a peculiar problem that could, but may not be, the video card or the AGP slot it's mounted in? Every so often, the screen goes black for a second or so, and then back to normal. I've changed video cards 3 times now, using 3 different cards, changed the cable (DVI-D), even the monitor, all to no avail. Anybody have any ideas, I'm a bit baffled at this point.

This can sometimes happen as the Cards/Screen does a refresh, It is more common when settings are being changed, is there any particular program you are running when it happens

There doesn't seem to be any consistant pattern. It's my wife's computer and she says it seems to do it when first starting a program after turning the computer on and possibly a few times during the day. Never off for more than a second or two and doesn't do it ever day. Strange behavior and I've never run into a problem like this before.

Could be that particular Motherboard, maybe update the Bios on that board to see if there are any fixes for that sort of thing

Back