Hooray Comcast!

Keiichi

[H]ard|Gawd
So I went on a downloading spree the past day and a half and I racked up about 150GB in bandwidth transfers withing that time period, Which is kinda funny because I'm on their lowest speed tier. I can't imagine how fast I'll reach their limit on their 50meg/sec speed tier.

Comcast DOCSIS 3.0 50/10 meg service has no bandwith cap. Its been confirmed. Also you can sign up for a business account for the lesser tiers and have no bandwith cap (I think business class costs like 10 dollars more a month).

So I went on a downloading spree the past day and a half and I racked up about 150GB in bandwidth transfers withing that time period

AWESOME! Now you only have 100GB left of your limit for the rest of the month.:D

We've gotten the dreaded "You're over the limit" call several times. Just wait til you hit 750GB!

For the most part I stay well under the 250GB limit, unless I decide to use my giganews account. All things considered I'm probably going to upgrade to comcast business class service. There really isn't a point of having all that speed if you're capped at a ridiculously low rate. (FYI a 50mb connection can hit 250GB in about 11 hrs) Although I'll probably prod a cocmast rep or two and see if there's no cap restrictions at the extreme level for myself. (Yes I'd like to see it written in their AUP/ToS for myself)

. There really isn't a point of having all that speed if you're capped at a ridiculously low rate.

As I stated before , no cap on 50 meg service and there likely won't be anytime soon since Comcast plans to start 75-100 meg tier late next year (rumored but more than likely going to happen) also since the 50 meg service is completely fiber based (up to the copper by the customers residence) they have plenty of headroom to deal with large bandwith pulls from any customer per month, they also can get away with it cause they are still throttling 50 meg service if the customer is using a constant high amount of there upload speed for instance during peak hours and the network is stressed Comcast's server's will detect it and throttle the bandwith on that connection for a 15 min period of time (as many broadbandreport have confirmed).

Back