Honest point, please read inside.

ElementK

Limp Gawd
Let's take a tale of two games, Halo 2 and UT 2004.

Both had multiplayer that definitely was better than the single player. Both multiplayers were equally as good, both very fun, both hyped.

Now this is what's not fair. UT2004 recieves a 9.4 at gamespot, and Halo 2 does as well. Yet, Halo 2 is bashed non-stop for a sucky single player. At least in Halo 2, Single player is existant with a very good story!

Discuss.

Honestly, people, if you're going to reply please use more than 5 words. Please go into detail because right now, I really don't have value for your opinion without reasoning of it.

Well the first thing I noticed is your comparing a pc game to an xbox game... one system where almost everyone has an internet connection and one system where probably less than half have an internet connection...

to me, halo 2 was nothing more than halo 1 with multiplayer... (new weapons and maps, but a content download for halo 1 could have done that if that were possible) halo 2 isn't much of an improvement to halo 1 at all...

it might be the fact that halo 2 had a short single player... and Im sure that a much higher percentage of people that bought ut2k4 bought it for online play more than single player...

Im not quite sure what your asking, why wasn't ut2k4 bashed for its single player?

I'm not sure I see what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that UT 2004 should have been ripped for having a poor single player component? Are you saying Halo 2 should have gotten a lower score since they bashed the single player component? Are you saying that UT 2004 should have scored lower due to a poor single player component?

It's acutally really hard to do a direct comparison of their respective single player components because Halo 2 has an actual single player campaign whereas UT 2004 really just has bot matches to supplement the online play (at least I assume this...the last UT game I played was the original).

UT2004 is not marketed as having a single player component. It's there, but the highlight of the game is definitely multiplayer. If you want single player, you're looking for Unreal, not Unreal Tournament.

Halo is marketed as both, a good single player campaign with a fun multiplayer mode. If the single player mode is bad, then Halo should lose a point or two since single player is a big component of the game.

I've played them both thier mulitplayers, and maby it's just me but in Halo the game kept moving me around and it was really anoying, however in Unreal Tournament 2k4 it was a fragging blast, but both are good games but Halo as some multiplayer problems on the pc.

they got the same rating because they are both good games, halo 2 having better single player and ut2k4 having better multiplayer

in all honesty halo 2 multiplayer is not that good...first of all, i hate using a controller but that aside....ut2k4 has better weapons, better maps, servers with 30+ people, and more than 2 player models...i dont see how halo thinks it can get away with having 3 different painted master chiefs and 2 different painted elites running around...goldeneye for the n64 had somewhere around 10 characters to play as...no excuse on that

thats my reasoning take it for wat it is

I would have to say I disagree with whatever you are saying.

There - 12 words. Still no content.

:)

RagManX

inotocracy said:
UT2004 actually has a single player? Whats the friggin plot?! :confused:

To become #1 build your team and work your way up through the tournament ranks. Pretty much there to help ease nOObs into online play. I guess they figure that way their giving them an edge. Instead of "Here's the game go play with the guys online that have been playing since UT."

Back