Honda Halts Japan Car Plant after WannaCry Virus Hits Computer Network

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Honda had to shut down one of its plants in Japan earlier this week due to WannaCry making its way into their networks in multiple regions including Japan, North America, Europe, and China. While only the Sayama plant was affected, this makes the company’s effort in strengthening its security in May slightly in vain. Maybe Honda actually deserves this for making something as butt ugly as the 2017 Type R.

The automaker shut production on Monday at its Sayama plant, northwest of Tokyo, which produces models including the Accord sedan, Odyssey Minivan and Step Wagon compact multipurpose vehicle and has a daily output of around 1,000 vehicles. Honda discovered on Sunday that the virus had affected networks across Japan, North America, Europe, China and other regions, a spokeswoman said, despite efforts to secure its systems in mid-May when the virus caused widespread disruption at plants, hospitals and shops worldwide.

Last edited:
My inner teenager wants to love that Car design. I also want to cover it in RGB neon lights. Also HaHa.

Riced out of the factory. Too over the top and under performing. Japan really doesn't know how to make a sports car. They all are trying too hard to be edgey and fail. They need to stick to their old boring cars.

Honda had to shut down one of its plants in Japan earlier this week due to WannaCry making its way into their networks in multiple regions including Japan, North America, Europe, and China. While only the Sayama planet was affected, this makes the company’s effort in strengthening its security in May slightly in vain. Maybe Honda actually deserves this for making something as butt ugly as the 2017 Type R..

Honda must be a very wealthy company in order to own an entire planet!! I must get a company's marketshare!!
(*couldn't resist with this kind of typo !! :ROFLMAO::LOL: )

So was this the same WannaCry or a different version? I'm shocked they didn't patch or prepare for this?

The only butt ugly cars that make baby jesus cry are stupid cars like the Honda element... or any that are in that "box" shape like Nissan Cube.

I automatically know the intelligence level of anyone that drives one.

What he said is true tho. It is a butt ugly car and they should feel bad.
Alot of cars that have to try to meet safety standards are pretty ugly now, everything so bulgy and bloated, sure more people live now but at what cost?

Off topic but does anyone else really like that Civic Type R? I would have bought one if my wife was more comfortable at driving stick...

Bunch of old farts in here, I don't mind how the new civic looks but maybe that's because I'm a millenial.

These car manufacturers are now targeting the millennial demographic. What the older generation thought looks great, I think it looks ugly and vice versa.

I have the 2016 Lexus Rx350 and many of the owners of the older models didn't like the new design, but what Lexus found fascinating is that when they radically redesigned the new RX350 that the average age of the purchaser of the 2016 RX350 dropped significantly and that's because of Lexus's focus on targeting what the millennial generation prefers. Get with the times or get stuck behind.

I imagine Honda is doing the same and so are other manufacturers.

Bunch of old farts in here, I don't mind how the new civic looks but maybe that's because I'm a millenial.

These car manufacturers are now targeting the millennial demographic. What the older generation thought looks great, I think it looks ugly.

I have the 2016 Lexus Rx350 and many of the owners of the older models didn't like the new design, but what Lexus found fascinating is that when they radically redesigned the new RX350 that the average age of the purchaser of the 2016 RX350 dropped significantly and that's because of Lexus's focus on targeting what the millennial generation prefers. Get with the times or get stuck behind.

Agreed. I was also considering an IS350 F Sport but they didn't have the color combo I wanted. Everyone online says the new IS is ugly but I liked it.

Type R with it's triple mismatched assholes is ugly as F.... Plus dealers are adding 20-25k ADM on top of MSRP, so enjoy your 65k civic, I'll keep my RS.

These car manufacturers are now targeting the millennial demographic. What the older generation thought looks great, I think it looks ugly and vice versa.

I am a millennial and think it is fucking ugly. It isn't much better then all those ricer built videos you see on YouTube. I want to vomit everytime I see a stanced car or puny little stock civics with fart cans and huge wings. How can anyone find that to be cool. All these dumb little ricers always pulled up next to me at red lights wanting to race me in my M3. I just shake my head at thr.m and drive away.

I am a millennial and think it is fucking ugly. It isn't much better then all those ricer built videos you see on YouTube. I want to vomit everytime I see a stanced car or puny little stock civics with fart cans and huge wings. How can anyone find that to be cool. All these dumb little ricers always pulled up next to me at red lights wanting to race me in my M3. I just shake my head at thr.m and drive away.

I owned a 2006 Dodge Viper a couple years ago and I got the same reaction. I don't like the "ricer" fad with the stanced car but to put the Type R in the same class as ricers is pretty stupid.

This civic is engineered the way it is for a reason, people thought the wing was ugly on the ACR viper but it was functional and recorded pretty good numbers at the track. The same with the civic the wing may be ugly and people knock the triple exhaust, but guess what? The Civic Type R is the fastest FWD vehicle at nurburgring because of its features. The wing serves a purpose, and so does the triple exhaust.

Wanna know what car I think is ugly? The BMW M4 GTS because it has a dumb wing and shit.

I don't see a problem with the Type-R. It's pretty aggressive in styling and I like the options even though they are little overpriced. The price of the car is indeed a lot after taxes and all the hoopla. I would buy one/lease one though. Very nice looking. 200 mile test drive would be nice.

I don't exactly dislike the Type R. This is coming from a raised on f-body cars and owns a Corvette and 500whp Camaro. It can do a decent time on the nurburgring, and is targeted to a new set of drivers. I doubt most of started off their driving skills on Corvettes, GT-R, Vipers, Lambos etc...

Back