HoMM5

Trimlock

[H]F Junkie
Anyone else pick this up and feel ... dissapointed?

it lacks alot of things, one being excitment.

the world ... is pretty much done exactly like WC3, am i missing something here? it plays and feels ALOT like WC3.

also the interface feels ... kind of inadequate, theres not a whole lot on the screen, controls are the same simplistic set, hero select, town select, and spell book pretty much.

my last gripe is the combat: can it get any more slower? each unit has LONG animation times, save the archers/hunters, and the arrow/firebolt/what ever likes to hang in the air for a really long time, especially if your hero is an archer, the characters move plenty fast, just the combat and combat rounds reminds me of the tedious fights you would get into FF7

i tried to let it do auto play, since it seemed to work pretty good in HOMM3 especially when i didn't feel like doing much, how ever it decides to put ALL non-range combat characters on defence, even against nothing but ranged enemies, i took it off and moved them once, then the game started moving them, but very speratically, am i missing an option here?

over all, the game feels too slow, the movement is very jerky, the way they planted items aren't nearly as easy to see as they were in previous versions, even some of the stuff in plain view can be hard to tell if its an item that can be picked up, combat is very disapointing, long, and boring for the most part

i really hope this game gets better, i can't see myself leaving it installed much longer

I have no clue why you are comparing a Turn Base title to a Realtime title. WC is an RTS, nothing at all like the HOMM series. The graphics have been made to look alike but the gameplay isn't the same, if you think the battles are too slow then the game isn't for you.

Heck these battles are far more quicker then the earlier HOMM titles... now those had some long fights, and alot tougher. This if anything is watered down.

Back