Homeworld 3

This smells a lot like the plug was pulled on financing the game development by Embracer and revenue needs to start coming in, no matter the current state of the game. With a publisher that keeps supporting their game for a long time after release that wouldn't be such a big deal, but in the case of Embracer... I'm skeptical. Quite a shame really that this Demo may have killed their preorder revenue stream that could of ensure better support post release. I hope I'm wrong on this, but personally I was extremely hyped for HW3 and now I don't mind waiting until a Christmas sale to play the single player campaign. Nostalgia induced expectations for that campaign may be impossible to satisfy mind you!

The delay is a good thing. The first Homeworld game was amazing at the time and enjoyed the others a lot as well so hope they figure out the UI and controls while making a game worthy of the legacy.

3 months is still not a lot of time. Seriously, look at Homeworld 2 (not remastered). Copy the camera and menu design. Just rip it off. Add the few new features and elements to it.

The rest of the game looked good. Art work, unit design, general feel and audio seemed Homeworld. The camera/UI ruins the otherwise good experience.

Ok, spent 30 mins or so with the tutorial and basic game settings at the start, including like 3 click accept to proceed EULA/TOS screens...for a demo. Thanks Gearbox.

Looks wise, its Homeworld. UI is way to big for 1080p. Camera controls are just confusing. I think I used modern to have the hotkeys available (maybe not worth it) but moving the camera is way way more janky then I remember HW1/2 or HWCata. I played some of Cata again a year or two ago so its fairly fresh in my mind. At least shift still worked for height movement commands of ships/fighters.

Focus doesn't seem to work too well. I could click on the resource collector icon in top right and then hit the focus key and it wouldn't go to the unit. I'd have to hit home or whatever to focus on the mothership near it. WASD and Q/E for up down camera movement is just not great. Not easy or fluid to change Z height of the camera. Trying to get a good angle to look inside the asteroid tunnel was tedious. Just trying to zoom in on the fighters in combat was annoying.

I don't know what they were thinking with this. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I got 30mins in and lost interest in trying the new mode. Maybe later.

My depression the past rolling 12 months of games I looked forward to from my childhood being butchered is getting to be too much.

:dead:

True for a lot of things in entertainment the last 10 years or so. The RTS genre just can't get a good reboot or modern take that doesn't just fail overall.

Sins of Solar Empire 2 is looking and playing real good if you haven't check that out. A modern evolution and improvements on the old formula. The engine alone is amazing in the kind performance it delivers. If we're in luck, and I'm pretty sure we will be, we're gonna get the same kind of awesome mods out of it too. If you're into RTS and liked Sins 1, you can't go wrong with Sins 2.

Attachments

• Homeworld.jpg
    Homeworld.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 0
  • H3.png
    H3.png
    517.5 KB · Views: 0
  • H2.png
    H2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
That collection of ships makes me seriously consider the package....full knowing that the game may suck lol.

that's one of the more impressive Collector's Editions I've seen- 4 model ships, lithograph, keychain, playing cards etc...$175 at Amazon, GameStop and Target...

The Mothership, Khar-Kushan:
-This lovingly crafted 14” (35.6cm) model features USB-powered LEDs illuminating the ship's engines, ports, and launch bays. Details include a removable bay door capable of displaying the Destroyer and authentic sounds from the game. The Mothership comes equipped with a dual positioned stand to accommodate both vertical and horizontal display options to best fit your set up

https://www.amazon.com/Homeworld-3-Collectors-PC/dp/B09Y2DJJ12/

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The pc requirement's are wacked as always. Rasteration ultra 4k. Vram 12gb but then list the 3080. Same with ray tracing 2k, high. 12 gb then list 3080. lol smh.:rolleyes: I know there was a limited release of 12 gb 3080's. But why not change the vram recommendation to 10 gb from 12 if you're going to recommend the 3080 at those settings/resolution? Why is this hard? :confused:

Back