• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Homer's Rig Completed (3dmark 03 run)

Homer

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 28, 2005
Messages
481
Just completed the system in my sig. I finally got SLI to work, however I have not been so successful with getting the LAN drivers installed, everytime I try to the system crashes and reboots. any advice for that?


Any ways

3dmark 03....


27,441
 
I'm assuming you're referring to the onboard NIC?
If so, have you made sure that the NIC is enabled in your BIOS?
 
Yes, its enabled. Just every time I try to install the drivers the computer crashes and reboots. Preventing me from getting on the internet with it.
 
lol u almost triped my score, infact it beats my 2001 score ya bastard.
nice machine ya got there
 
If any one could help me with the gigabit lan driver problems then I'll be able to show 05 scores!!1
 
dont you wanna see an 05 score? help me with the ethernet controller driver problem :p
 
Homer said:
dont you wanna see an 05 score? help me with the ethernet controller driver problem :p
Did some Googling, and it looks as though the problem may be a conflict between the interrupt assignments for the Nvidia NIC and the Nvidia SATA ports. Users who disabled SATA ports #3 and #4 in the BIOS found that the problem went away. This appears to be affecting all NForce 4 boards, not just the DFI. I hope your rig isn't using those ports, but if so, maybe juggling two of your drives to other controllers would get you by. I don't know if the board includes 3rd party SATA controllers in addition to the NForce, but it seems like a lot of boards give you both these days. It seems like having the #1 and #2 NForce SATA ports active is fine, though.

If disabling the SATA ports is not an option, it might be good to use a different ethernet port than the NVidia gigabit port and disable that instead. Gigabit ethernet isn't much use for connecting to the Internet after all, which can't stress a 10 Mbit port, much less a 1000Mbit port.
 
also if its realtek gigabit lan, youll have to get the appropiate drivers from dfi or realteks site.
the nvidia ethernet drivers included on the cd didnt work for me!!
so im 'assuming" your runnin into the same problem i had with my dfi board
 
The brand is Marvell Yukon. Maybe I'll just go out and buy a new ethernet card. I tried disabling the sata and stuff like that, still crashes when installing the drivers. Windows also cannot recognize it without drivers.
 
Back
Top