Homemade UPS?

I'm looking for a device, which I can put in my home, and wire to Deep cycle batteries.

Tie to the house power.

And run a power bar for my server/internet pc, etc.

Something that can be expanded for more time.

All google seems to find me is half assed basterdized versions.

You would probably be best served by looking for: solar battery backup for house as you are talking about wiring into your mains running to the house, similar to what you would do with a solar array at night.

Hmm, yeah I'm thinking of that, the grid tie solar buckup packs, I'm just unsure if they are instant support. Most grid tie systems switch over, so there would be down time. killing everything.

Hmm, yeah I'm thinking of that, the grid tie solar buckup packs, I'm just unsure if they are instant support. Most grid tie systems switch over, so there would be down time. killing everything.
So have a UPS hooked up to grid tie system.

I guess that would work for spanning the gap.
I'll be honest I just figured someone would have something for this out already haha

never run regular deep cycle batters inside your house, the vented gases can cause an explosion.
You have to run sealed batteries rated for the current draw of UPS use if they are in a sealed environment without explosions proof ventilation..

Battery safety would be a concern yes, out door install preferred, but the main issue is finding a controller.

Back