• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Homemade NV-68 SLI

willie92

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
296
I coulda swore I read in one of the threads that somebody had made their own NV-68 SLI by taking two NV-68 blocks and plugging and re-tapping, but I can't find it anywhere! I've done a dozen different searches and couldn't find it.

Anybody remember who it was or have any other leads for me?

Thanks!
 
I know of something similar, but it's by a guy called Coolmeister on Bit-Tech.
 
Saahhhh-weeeeet! I couldnta asked for better instruction! Now I just need to figure out if I've got the balls to actually try it. I know people have had problems getting the NV-68 blocks to seat correctly only their cards.

You guys have any thougths on that?
 
you know.....if i hadn't already finished most of the thermal contact surfaces to 2000 grit, while maintaining reasonable flatness, in my own system i might consider doing somthing like this.

as it is: very pretty, but i would have to think for a good while before wishing that on even an enemy.
 
I know that the NV-68SLI exists, but I have a chance to get two NV-68's for the price of one, which is still half the cost of a NV-68SLI. So the reason I'm even contemplating it is to have bad-ass watercooling for a SLI set-up for 1/2 of the cost.

And besides, isn't the whole point of moddin' to do it yourself? :D
 
It really can't be too hard, just drill the holes, tap 'em, and plug the original ones. Although I dont think I would have the balls to do it :D
 
willie92 said:
I know that the NV-68SLI exists, but I have a chance to get two NV-68's for the price of one, which is still half the cost of a NV-68SLI. So the reason I'm even contemplating it is to have bad-ass watercooling for a SLI set-up for 1/2 of the cost.

And besides, isn't the whole point of moddin' to do it yourself? :D
Danger Den will sell you the acrylic top already drilled and tapped along with the appropriate fittings.
I got mine a while ago for $12.
 
Green tubing and wavemasters are so overplayed and look so stupid now, but that case's finish is excellent, A+, even! :D :cool:
 
sprocket said:
Danger Den will sell you the acrylic top already drilled and tapped along with the appropriate fittings.
I got mine a while ago for $12.

Dude, that rocks! Thanks! You just saved me a boatload of time and sweat. :D

Off to DD's website...
 
Talked to the DD folks yesterday. Rather than ship the new acrylic tops out to me, they offered to put them on and test them there. All for $20 plus shipping!

DD rocks! :D
 
I hear nothing but good things about DD, DD customer service and DD sales, that's it, I'm sold!

I am buying from the DD site.
 
OK, just another note raffirming that the folks aver at Danger Den are [H]Core! I just got my two NV-68 blocks back that they generously converted to NV-68SLI for a mere $20. They sent the blocks back in brand new boxes, threw in some thermal paste, the short length of tube to connect the two blocks, and two clamps. They didn't need to do any of that--I've got some AC5, as well as left over tubing and clamps, but it's the thought that counts. They took the time to make sure that I had the full set up.

DD ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Back
Top