• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Homemade computer stand - IKEA

Fester

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
85
So,

I picked up a 4 pack of wheels from ikea and now all I need is a board that is birch veneer, 10" width and 20" long.

Any idea where in the world I can find something close to that?
 
You could go to a lumber yard at and see if they have 10" to 12" boards. They should have them in different lengths and some stores can cut it for you. If not, some stores sell plywood with different veneers on them, but you might have to buy an entire sheet.

But since it sounds like this will be under the computer anyway, does it really matter whether you have the veneer or not? If you get plywood with veneer, the edges will still show plywood.

Perhaps consider something that has similar color like maple or oak? If you need them darker, you can always apply a stain.
 
Yeah, I think you're right. I have to bite the bullet and settle for whatever I can find at this point so it doesn't drive me insane, lol.
 
I was at a lumber yard awhile back and they did have 1x8 boards in lengths from 1 or 2 ft all the way up to 12 ft. I don't remember if they have 10 or 12 in boards or whether or not they had birch. I know they had maple, oak, pine, redwood, and walnut for sure.

I think maple might be a good match color wise.,,
 
Back
Top