• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Homefront is...

I enjoyed this review. I hope you also buy Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2.

Thanks!

as far Dragon Age 2, I'm waiting on the "SUPER HUGE! ALL THE CONTENT WE RELEASED FOR DOWNLOAD!!!" edition to come out. Should be this fall I'll bet.

And Crysis 2, I'm semi-sorta looking forward to. But, I'm a Gamefly kid, so I get all of the reward (or punishment, as it is in Homefronts' case) for little outlay of funds. So you can guarantee that I'm going to play it.


Personally, I don't mind a shorter campaign as long as it's tight and has variety. For instance Assassin's Creed 1 is a LOT longer than Brotherhood (probably 3X longer), and it's still probably about 50% longer than AC2...but you're literally doing the same thing over and over again. Quake 4 was the same way. By the time I was 2/3 done I was begging for the game to be over and done. Both Uncharted games were fairly short, but I loved every minute of 'em.
While this in no way relates to how good or bad Homefront might be, I don't think a shorter game has to be worse than a longer one.

I agree with most of that. I was one of the only people in my circle of friends to see AC1 through to the end. AC2, I had about 5 friends play it and beat it. So there is something to that school of thought. I'm playing and almost done with AC:BH, right now. If it leaves me wanting more, I'd say that will mean it was almost the perfect length for that type of game. It's still engrossing, and full of plot and details. Just a big meaty actiony plot sandwich.

With Uncharted it seems like there are some super fast anomalies out there who blew threw easy mode in 3 hours or so, but most of the folks are saying Normal or Hard is a 7-10 hour game. That sounds about right for an action platformer. I'll have to give it a shot, (bought it used, but never played it)

With HF (tired of typing it), you've got people crushing it in under 3 hours on normal when skipping cutscenes. If somebody is going to play 250 hours of the MP mode, then the campaign becomes a moot point as a determining factor in the "I paid 60 for a 4 hour campaign" argument. If the MP is fun and people will play it for months, you got your money's worth, SP included or not. I could have paid 200 bucks for a MP only version of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it would still be worth every penny, so I get that.

I'm all for brevity in gaming if the experience is tightly wound and paced well. Homefronts' entire campaign just felt like a half assed afterthought. Which in this case, thank god it was so short. We'll see if the MP can hold up for the folks who like it and see if it can outshine the campaign.
 
Last edited:
There is something else you missed that I was thinking of after reading this thread. Why do the developers lock down every weapon with one single addon at a time? You were talking about the stupid shit with the m4, m16, and acr taking different ammo. Fuck I want to be able to add a suppressor, sight, grenade launcher etc to the rifle. Yes it would be heavy but screw it why not? Its like the hk45 from codmw2 that had a laser sight on the front of it you couldn't use. Its crap.
 
There are already like 10 copies of this for sale on my local craigslist...not a good sign. I see bargain bins in this games future.
 
short and the multiplayer is just ok

Hell the multiplayer isn't working correctly. Tonight a few of us just couldn't get in and right now we haven't been able to join games together(they have a message up stating it is down). For a 60 dollar game with a 4 hour story and broken multiplayer you can guess what my feeling currently are.
 
I agree with you OP...completely. The only way they could have fucked this game up more, is to take design ideas from congress.

What a complete and total clusterfuck this title is.

I love the "My god, we have to save all the Americans!!!!!111111! storyline....and yet there's an entire chapter dedicated to slaughtering Americans who are just trying to stay alive.

Utter shit.
 
I agree with you OP...completely. The only way they could have fucked this game up more, is to take design ideas from congress. What a complete and total clusterfuck this title is.
I love the "My god, we have to save all the Americans!!!!!111111! storyline....and yet there's an entire chapter dedicated to slaughtering Americans who are just trying to stay alive.

Utter shit.


Yeah, that whole, "Murder the crazy survivalists" really came out of left field. They definitely go out of their way to paint them as batshit bloodthirsty nutbags, to make it a more palatable game objective, but I just thought the whole thing, like you said, was utter shit.

It didn't jibe well with the theme of the game IMO.

Another funny comment a friend of mine made was that the whole stealth aspect of that particular level could be completely blown if even one of those dudes had bothered to look 'left' at any point during that mission.

Made me chuckle.
 
Last edited:
Wow, lots of hate in this thread. I haven't played the single player yet but I've had many a fun night online with some buddies in the multiplayer. Even last week when it was hard to get into a game together we all had fun.
 
Wow, lots of hate in this thread. I haven't played the single player yet but I've had many a fun night online with some buddies in the multiplayer. Even last week when it was hard to get into a game together we all had fun.

yeah, I haven't heard anything bad about the multi, supposedly it's enjoyable. Most of us in this thread despised the campaign.

It's a 4 hour endeavor on Normal with cut scenes. Won't take you long, so give it a shot and let us know what your thoughts are.
 
Yeah, I decided to wait and see after I heard about the 5 hour campaign game. If I want to play a MP FPS, then I will play BF2 or happily wait for BF3. A good SP FPS should have a great story that is well worth the extra play through. Shoot, I'm still playing Borderlands after running through it a couple of times.
 
Back
Top