Homebrew Hidden-Passage Bookshelf

thats pretty badass :) When I eventually buy a house, I want to build a secret passage lol

build it better then that one. it doesnt look too shabby, but its a little stereo-typical to really fool anyone i would think. ive seen guys build in-wall shelving that opens up to growrooms... and even the local law enforcement never figured it out when they came to raid....

Ha.. book shelves are easy - I dug a pit in my basement so I could play "Lambs"...

lol @ spacetrader

but yeah this is pretty cool but a little too obvious; what i really want is like the one Bruce Wayne used in Dark Knight where you couldn't even see the fingerprint scanner that opened up the recess in the marble wall - also a tux to go with it and maybe some Batarangs :D

what i really want is like the one Bruce Wayne used in Dark Knight where you couldn't even see the fingerprint scanner that opened up the recess in the marble wall

like a panic room? ;)

the problem with making one of these is to make it a spot where you wouldn't think there was a room, if it has a window then this wouldn't work at all.

Pfft, you don't pull a candlestick or open a skull to press a button to open it...

Benjamin Linus is gonna be super pissed when he sees these pictures of his house online.

First off it needs this:

http://www.amazon.com/Shakespeare-B...ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1246900858&sr=8-6

the problem with making one of these is to make it a spot where you wouldn't think there was a room, if it has a window then this wouldn't work at all.

Yea really it needs to lead to a basement area or something where you wouldn't notice the space missing. Either that or have the door in the basement going into another section that people wouldn't notice.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm convinced that every household in America has a torn and weathered Monopoly on a bookshelf.

I'm convinced that every household in America has a torn and weathered Monopoly on a bookshelf.

by America you mean the whole continent?
nah, i have the official Monopoly game for windows :cool:

Ha.. book shelves are easy - I dug a pit in my basement so I could play "Lambs"...

It puts the lotion in the basket...

I'm totally building a secret passage in my house. I've always loved them when I would go on historical tours of old places. I got in trouble as a kid cause i would go into them and the tour guide would freak out after I escaped!

I'm totally building a secret passage in my house. I've always loved them when I would go on historical tours of old places. I got in trouble as a kid cause i would go into them and the tour guide would freak out after I escaped!
Try to go to places that don't have tour guides. ;)

For example, Bunratty Castle in Ireland. Visitors basically have free roam. There were a couple places that had ladders up to the roof and other landings. These ladders had metal cages with gates built around them. Nothing I couldn't climb over though.

"Great pictures! Really nice views. I must've missed those areas."

Out of state building contractor, check.
Bogus blueprints for the city, check.
"Cousin Vince" the building inspector, check.
Bitchin' grow room/nerd cave that absolutely no one knows about? Hell yeah.

Out of state building contractor, check.
Bogus blueprints for the city, check.
"Cousin Vince" the building inspector, check.
Bitchin' grow room/nerd cave that absolutely no one knows about? Hell yeah.

You better go with LED grow lights so you dont show a heat signature from above ;)

panic rooms are really not as much of a joke as they seem. ideally, though, you make one outside, underground, next to your basement. fit it with outside air and water, put a tunnelway from the basement to the room, and thats a panic room. that way, someone can put a siege on your house, burn it to the ground and you can stay in your room until they are all gone. you now have a new, clean, social security number free life. have fun.

panic rooms are really not as much of a joke as they seem. ideally, though, you make one outside, underground, next to your basement. fit it with outside air and water, put a tunnelway from the basement to the room, and thats a panic room. that way, someone can put a siege on your house, burn it to the ground and you can stay in your room until they are all gone. you now have a new, clean, social security number free life. have fun.
What if they find the secret plumbing?

Not to mention some food or MREs. And a second escape route out. You know - if the zombies get to the one in the basement - you can pop out under the pine tree fifty feet from the house.

Not very secret when you can see the gap over the top of the bookshelf lol...

Back