Home VOIP

Vitamin_uk

Limp Gawd
I have just got my hands on a stunning CISCO 7940 IP Phone and am wanting to set up a small asterisk box. How easy is it? Any recommendation/tips?

Many thanks

I hear good things about asterisk@home, you might try that route first.

Ease of installation depends greatly on your previous experience. With both linux and voip in general. I hear A@H makes it really easy, but I've never used it so I wouldn't know.

An IP PBX for one phone, now that's not overkill... I have only used Asterisk a few times (I work with CallManager and CallManager Express day to day), but from what I have seen it is not difficult to setup...

Asterisk@home is SUPER easy to install.

Put cd in drive
boot (let it install)
reboot at the end of install
Viola you now have a PBX.

The only issue at the moment is there is NO MORE asterisk@home.. The developer(s) have renamed it and have gone a little diffrent direction. it's now called trixbox There have been a few noted install issues with the new trix box, so you may want to hunt down an old 2.8 ISO of asterisk@home which is not realy old.

Ohh ya here is the handbook for A@H

PHUNBALL said:
An IP PBX for one phone, now that's not overkill...

Not at all :rolleyes:

"hold on sir, let me transfer you to our other... umm.. wait.. umm.. let me put you on hold so I can answer it again and say that im a different department because I only have one phone".

pffft.

^^^ Hheheheheh lol Im just playing.... im hoping to take it alot further... thought I would start off small see.

One phone pffttt :D

Back