Home Voip Service?

My wife's parents just got ooma. It actually sounds really good. They seem to love it...

What features are you looking for? Bring your own device (BYOD) or easy setup? Hosted PBX or simple SIP hosting? What kind of support will you need? Are 911 services a concern? What's your internet connection type, speed, and reliability? Do you want to use your current phones (Analog, Key, Digital, SIP?) or are you looking for something new? Are VoIP calls from your smartphone a concern?
If you don't know or don't care, Vonage is probably the safest bet.

I want to plug a home cordless phone into a device and get dial tone. Vonage looks good as well. But this unit looks cheaper.

Vonage is not the cheapest thing out there, but it does have a pretty complete featue set, making it the safest choice (e911, number portability, FAX, Apps for android and iOS, etc).
If you are feeling adventurous, grab a Linksys SPA3102 and head over to voip.ms- cheap, reliable, and good support.

Magic Jack just came out with the "Magic Jack Plus", which can work as a standalone device.

Plug it into the USB power brick, plug your network cable in and you phone in, and you are good to go.

No more stupid app that pops up on your screen every time you make a call.

And it is only $20 a year, no long distance charges within the US, and includes 911 service, voice mail, caller ID, and probably a few other things.

been using an ooma and so far so good.. just unhooked outside connection to phone company and plugged ooma into the wall jack and phones just worked like before throughout home

look at voipo.com +1 but dont use crappy vonage I use them and the rates are just plainly suck monkey balls. I also resell voipo so if you want a good rate just PM me.

Back