Home Telephone/Data/Coax Patch Panel

Asgorath

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for a home wall mount (surface mount) patch panel that I can terminate all the house wiring that I'm about to pull...

Here's the requirements:

>= 10 coax
>= 10 CAT6 patch panel
>= 5 Phone or 110 block

I'm just trying to terminate everything into something nice looking. I'm going to mount this on the top shelf of one of the closets that we don't use very often. My goal is to be able to put all the necessary splitters, switches, and just centralize all the wiring in the house. Make sure everything is labeled well so that life in the future can just be easier.

Oh, and just a shoutout to one of my favorite cable suppliers...

http://www.infinity-cable.com/icp_catalog.htm

I've been deailing with them for years. FANTASTIC prices, very good quality stuff. If they don't have it they'll get it for you. Best prices I've seen for the same quality stuff.

As much as I think patch panels are great at work, I don't think they are at all necessary or even really that useful at home. It's not like you should be planning on moving connections around.

And I don't mean to be a jerk, but that site is so badly designed that I couldn't even bring myself to click more than one link.

As much as I think patch panels are great at work, I don't think they are at all necessary or even really that useful at home. It's not like you should be planning on moving connections around.

And I don't mean to be a jerk, but that site is so badly designed that I couldn't even bring myself to click more than one link.

The website is god awful terrible. The people however are fantastic. Their bread and butter are contractors and bulk business. I normally do pickup orders... they are basically a giant warehouse with a forklift and hundreds of pallets of cable and networking products.

Very rarely do I find companies who can beat their products.

As to the usefulness of patch panels. I find pre-made patch cords much more reliable than my homemade patch cords. And at some point, someone will want to move connections around. When you are done with your patch panel, everything is tested and good. You can for the most part trust it. Plus it just looks really nice and doesn't cost a ton.

leviton?

i would probably get a small patch for network, small for voice, and just a splitter for the coax, mount to wall and cleanup wires.

Back