Home Network

pklong

n00b
Joined
Sep 8, 2006
Messages
20
OK...I know I have probably overlooked something small and stupid and it's preventing me from doing what I want to do but here's the deal...

I have a laptop and a desktop and a wireless router...I can see both computers...From the laptop I can access my desktop and the files I have shared on it. From the desktop I can see the laptop...I can access the shared public folder only but not the other shared folders on the laptop. I keep getting access denied and can't figure out how come I can get into the shared public but none of the other shared folders. Any suggestions?

I'm running Vista on both...Home Premium...Only difference is the laptop is running the 64 bit version but that shouldn't matter.

Please, anyone???

Thank you!
 
Change the share settings for "Everyone" and permit them to have full control.
 
Grrrrr, thought I had, obviously not in the right spot...Works now. Thank you!!!
 
Back
Top