Home network questions after virus attack

Prozac1964

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone, thanks for taking a look at my post. My roommate's pc got slammed by a tdss virus last week, and although we successfully got rid of it, ever since that hit, his online browsing has been slow...............particularly while watching Youtube videos at the Youtube website, and also when watching videos posted within his various forums.

What's very odd to me, is that before the virus attack, all his video stuff ran perfectly, and now after the fact his Youtube stuff is running slowly. :eek:

Here's what I've tried thus far:

1. uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox latest version
2. installed the latest version of Adobe Flash player
3. reinstalled the video and sound drivers on the mobo

None of this has helped. :(

Will reinstalling the wireless adapter drivers help? :confused:

A noob question here just so I learn something: If my pc contains the cable modem and wireless router, and my roommate's pc has the wireless adapter, does that make me the host and him the client? Just a jargon question really. Networks are my weakness so I'm trying to learn.

Thanks for your time and any help you can offer. Prozac

Todays rogues won't "hop" across networks...like..from his PC to yours. When a home grade router is involved...each PC is independent, there's not "host" and "client.

Since his browsing is still wonky...you didn't fully clean the rogue yet. Time to whip out more tools.

Todays rogues won't "hop" across networks...like..from his PC to yours. When a home grade router is involved...each PC is independent, there's not "host" and "client.

Since his browsing is still wonky...you didn't fully clean the rogue yet. Time to whip out more tools.

LOL which tools do you suggest I whip out? Thx

Re-image and done.

I have never understood spending hours to troubleshoot malware or virus infections. Pull the device off the network, wipe it and start over.

If you don't have a backup of your pr0n, low quality MP3s and pictures of your kitten its your own damn fault.

tdsskiller to make sure it's gone first of all.

Combofix thereafter.

tdskiller already done, that killed the virus........what is Combofix?

If you don't have a backup of your pr0n, low quality MP3s and pictures of your kitten its your own damn fault.

Aren't we filled with love today...lol

Then again, is most (if not all) of your sluggishness centered around Flash?

I wouldn't know the answer to this........is there a way I can test Flash and find out?

I'm confused, you have a card in your pc that is a cable modem and wireless router?

I wouldn't know the answer to this........is there a way I can test Flash and find out?
How did you observe and test the before/after performance of Flash in your first post here?
What's very odd to me, is that before the virus attack, all his video stuff ran perfectly, and now after the fact his Youtube stuff is running slowly

Back