• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Home made res, FINISHED! (pics)

ATH25

n00b
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
54
A while ago I ordered a Swiftech watercooling kit, which came with a horrible fill/bleed system (Here ), and decided that I should either make or buy a res. I came accross a tennis ball container that would work perfectly, so I added two barbs, sealed them off, tested it over night, and installed it in my loop. Now for the pictures...

I'm waiting for it to bleed right now, seems to be going fine. In the third pic (sorry for blurryness), I added more water to it, making a total of one litre of water in the system. Thats about it, if you have any questions feel free to ask.


EDIT - Pics here...


1
2
3
 
Hey, that looks great!

One question for you, what is that you used to attach it to your case?
 
looks a bit like pipe strapping to me, or whatever the hell name you have for it.
 
how much antifreeze do you have in there? it looks insanely thick and overly concentrated heh
 
I used "steel strapping" to secure it. I think I have about 10% coolant in the water, it just looks concentrated because theres a lot of bubbles in the water right now :( . I have to wait for all the air to bleed out, but by the looks of it, its going to take a while.
 
hahaha, a tennis ball container :p

howd you get the nasty as smell out of it?
 
Oh yea, and it took about one night of work. It could take around 2 hours if you drill the holes correctly (which I didn't, hence the large amount of glue/sealant), from drilling the holes to having it running.

EDIT - When its fully bleeded, you can see right through the water, just to give you an idea of how much bubbles there are right now :( .
 
Heres a pic of it when its fixed. I had to raise the water level above the top nozzle.

Wewt
 
Just curious, what pump is that? Very pretty :DD

And i'd use a small nalgene bottle or something, it's polycarb and a lot stronger than a tennis ball can... i imagine that thing could be broken and/or un-sealed way too easily...
 
diredesire said:
Just curious, what pump is that? Very pretty :DD

And i'd use a small nalgene bottle or something, it's polycarb and a lot stronger than a tennis ball can... i imagine that thing could be broken and/or un-sealed way too easily...


Its the MCP-600 pump. The container is almost impossible to break, if anything it just bends and/or folds. The barbs are sealed off with rubber cement, then another 3 layers of silicone sealant, so it is very strong and sealed off well.
 
Back
Top