Home Depot Settles 2014 Data Breach Consumer Lawsuit

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not a mathematician but a $13 million fund to repay shoppers for out-of-pocket expenses and a $6.5 million fund for credit monitoring sounds great until you remember 50+ million people were effected by this breach. :(

Home Depot Inc agreed to pay at least $19.5 million to compensate U.S. consumers harmed by a 2014 data breach affecting more than 50 million cardholders. The home improvement retailer will set up a $13 million fund to reimburse shoppers for out-of-pocket losses, and spend at least $6.5 million to fund 1-1/2 years of cardholder identity protection services.

To be fair it may have affected 50+ million, but it's doubtful it affected them much at all.

To be fair it may have affected 50+ million, but it's doubtful it affected them much at all.

Agreed. I got a new credit card twice in 2014 because of the 5 breaches I was involved in (this was one of them - I spent nearly 20K between HD and Lowes in 2014). None of the breaches hurt me in any known way.

I'd rather "save big money, when I shop Menards!!!!" anyway.
Plus their CEO doesn't openly hate poor people...??? :eek:

I'm not a mathematician but a $13 million fund to repay shoppers for out-of-pocket expenses and a $6.5 million fund for credit monitoring sounds great until you remember 50+ million people were effected by this breach. :(

Home Depot Inc agreed to pay at least $19.5 million to compensate U.S. consumers harmed by a 2014 data breach affecting more than 50 million cardholders. The home improvement retailer will set up a $13 million fund to reimburse shoppers for out-of-pocket losses, and spend at least $6.5 million to fund 1-1/2 years of cardholder identity protection services.

they weren't Effectd, they were Affected.. :p

Back