Home Built Jet Cart

HardOCP News

[H] News
I love this guy's awesome inventions. I have no idea how that red hot tube isn't burning the hell out of his back through that aluminum seat but that just adds to the overall awesomeness of it all.

Dear gawd. That is beyond awesome. Geezus fuck yo. And judging by the quick clips of his other projects at the end of the video, I really need to check this guy's channel out. Gawd dayaaaaaaaaaamn.

sweet, reminds me of the australian gentleman that was building/blogging a cruise missile in his garage...until the men in suits showed up.

To be fairly honest, I was expecting it to be faster. I dunno. 60MPH isn't that fast at all, considering a motorized stand-up scooter (GSR-60) can go up to 80MPH

man he seems awfully confident in that heat/blast shield behind the chair, that pipe was super hot.

To be fairly honest, I was expecting it to be faster. I dunno. 60MPH isn't that fast at all, considering a motorized stand-up scooter (GSR-60) can go up to 80MPH

Pulse jets don't make a huge amount of thrust for their volume. They're much easier to build than a turbo-fan though, plus they're really great at generating heat for things like dryers and other stationary industrial uses.

Good video to use as a "before" picture. After: burned hamburger.

Colin Furze strikes again!

I really want to build the mobility scooter one of these days. Stock scooters just aren't fast enough for my liking, and I'll probably need one in the future. Now to figure out how to keep the electric motor as well so I can use it indoors. I fear the biggest obstacle would actually be not getting busted while cruising down the highway. :D

As mentioned, Pulse jets aren't terribly powerful. They are just fantastically loud and super simple. However your seriously underestimate what 60mph on something that small and low to the ground feels like...It Feels Insane..

This guy is one of the extremely few channels to youtube I subscribe to.

Wonder if it can do this..

cusn8.gif

Me too, but the sheer lunacy of it makes up for the lack of speed.

That dude is nuts. But those videos are pretty cool. Be sure to check out the mobility scooter, the turb-a-que, and that 30mph baby stroller.

That is a very inefficient pulse jet. They ONLY thing interesting about that version is the jet itself has no moving parts. A more efficient version (but has moving parts ) is the valved pulse jet. This is the jet uses on the Nazi V1 flying bomb.

I have seen, read about, and watched on you tube dozens of pulse jet go carts over the years. The only difference here is his music video style editing and his self proclaimed superstar persona.

Even the most entry level 600cc does 60 in less than 4 seconds, which has got to be a lot more intense than this cart, except for the noise level ...

He needs to fist pump a bit more so we all know just how cool he really is for riding something that sounds like one continuous, loud fart.

That is a very inefficient pulse jet. They ONLY thing interesting about that version is the jet itself has no moving parts. A more efficient version (but has moving parts ) is the valved pulse jet. This is the jet uses on the Nazi V1 flying bomb.
You guys get back to us when you're done building those from scratch with basic tools for the most part in your work shed like this guy.

Back