• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Home Automation - Lighting

randyc

Best Person
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
1,581
Not sure if theres a forum for this topic...

As seen in the Work Logs Forum in the Case Modding Section, I'm working on a shed-office in the back of my house. I was curious as if there was a good alternative to X10's remote control lights to turn an outlet on and off?

If anyone has any sources/experiences of this stuff your opinions appreciated.

-randyc
 
x10 has been around for a long time, so I doubt you're going to find something much better.
you might find better than x10.com for places to buy but YMMV.

Check out the comp.home.automation newsgroup on usenet. There is a ton of good information there to be had. I'd say x10 will probably be your best bet for your shed/office.
There are wireless alternatives out there, but you have to deal with RF interference.

good luck.

-Jeff
 
Back
Top