Holy .....

m33pm33p

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2013
Well....got my first electric bill since getting the F Socket and the G34 4P running....

$363.00.....

Almost began to cry lol....

been getting that for awhile ... :D ...

welcome to the club.

Last summer......let's just say, OVER $600 per month...... and lots of crying. :rolleyes:

Only $363? You are clearly not trying [H]ard enough...

Sorry, but you aren't going to get much sympathy for high electric bills around here... :)

This is why I told you don't fold on the desktop or video card and skip the socket f son....:)

Grandpa jumps up and down waving arms in the air yelling ( I will trade I will trade ) :D

Welcome to the high rent district. Since I pay the bills, the wife does not know how much the electric bill is. It still hurts though.

Welcome to the high rent district. Since I pay the bills, the wife does not know how much the electric bill is. It still hurts though.

So just curious, what's the highest utility bill in support of [H]ard folding?

High electric bills always suck, but I'm more curious to see the difference between before folding (including running whatever machines 24/7 or what not) to after folding to see how big the difference is.

$350 could be normal in some areas in the country lol.

I avg around $500 a month but with the extra rigs I currently have running to help out while some of our fellow team mates are down I am up to around $600 and still have 1 more 4P to bring online, but I do not currentley see a need for it.

I avg around $500 a month but with the extra rigs I currently have running to help out while some of our fellow team mates are down I am up to around $600 and still have 1 more 4P to bring online, but I do not currentley see a need for it.

I hope to fulfill your need in the next 2-3 weeks. :D

I still have 1 more 4P to bring online, but I do not currently see a need for it.

Why not? You being nice and letting musky bask in the sun for awhile longer or dragging out the feeling of dread and impending mowing? Which one is it ?? :D

High electric bills always suck, but I'm more curious to see the difference between before folding (including running whatever machines 24/7 or what not) to after folding to see how big the difference is.

$350 could be normal in some areas in the country lol.

Im thinking its working out to about an extra ~150 a month at this time.

Damn, I dont feel so bad now with some of these figures being thrown around lol!

Why not? You being nice and letting musky bask in the sun for awhile longer or dragging out the feeling of dread and impending mowing? Which one is it ?? :D

The problem with Grandpa is, he has way more capacity than he ever shows - he is actually closer to full capacity now than he usually is. And by "capacity", I mean machines he could bring on-line in an hour or so. I am not counting the stacks of G34 chips or GPUs he has laying around that he could bring on-line within the week should he choose to. His biggest issue now aside from the power bill is that he is close to maxing out his house's electrical capacity.

I have resigned myself to the fact that I will be #1 as long as Grandpa lets me be #1.

I have a self imposed folding budget which I rareley exceed unless there is a team need. Musky currentley has a borked board, right now he is one of the reasons I have extras rigs running, he will be back online soon, musky needs somebody to look at in his rearview it helps to motivate him :D

my folding bill is £77 a month, a self imposed limit lest I get too carried away

I fold 24/7 with the system in my sig. Between 50-65 ppd combined is what I am getting. I live in Florida and keep my ac on and set at 74 during the summer. I pay ~150$ per month all summer long.

The electric company president sends me Thank You cards. With a picture of his yacht on the front... :(

I fold 24/7 with the system in my sig. Between 50-65 ppd combined is what I am getting. I live in Florida and keep my ac on and set at 74 during the summer. I pay ~150$ per month all summer long.

I live in FL, keep AC at 73/74 and fold with rigs in my sig lol. I wish I had your bill!

This is why I love having free electricity. Well its not free, but I have all inclusive utilities as part of my rent. Muaahaahaa.

This is why I love having free electricity. Well its not free, but I have all inclusive utilities as part of my rent. Muaahaahaa.

NICE!!!

Wonder if you guys got part time jobs with the electric company and just plugged in your rigs at the office. lol.

Also, my electric company is a non-profit cooperative. That means that they return the excess money back to us at the end of each year by lowering payments etc. That being said, the chairman of the board owns a house near me that I could fit 3 of my houses in. He makes a little over a million a year. So yeah, not sure how that works.

My electricity bill usually is around $950+ with my G34 running 24/7. This is indeed a very expensive hobby :(

I received this letter from my utility company some time ago, advising me about my electricity usage....

IMAG0906b.jpg

My electricity bill usually is around $950+ with my G34 running 24/7. This is indeed a very expensive hobby :(

I received this letter from my utility company some time ago, advising me about my electricity usage....

IMAG0906b.jpg

Wait, there is a dude throwing up a rainbow on your power bill? Does your power company work for 4chan?:confused:

You caught me. It's a picture of his private jet.

No he doesn't.

I am surprised none of the big hitters have invested in solar power. At the rate some of them are paying to power their rigs, it wouldn't take long to make the money back.

I live in Northern Ohio, not exactly the sunniest of places. A neighbor put a bunch of solar panels on his roof last year. I need to go over and find out how that is working out for him. I would have thought that with this area overcast so much that it would not make sense.

I live in Northern Ohio, not exactly the sunniest of places. A neighbor put a bunch of solar panels on his roof last year. I need to go over and find out how that is working out for him. I would have thought that with this area overcast so much that it would not make sense.

I do believe a lot of places have tax incentives with solar energy. For sure talk to him and see how it's working out for him. Feel free to report back. :)

I am surprised none of the big hitters have invested in solar power. At the rate some of them are paying to power their rigs, it wouldn't take long to make the money back.

I have solar, last month (May), it generated 1600kwh, enough to bring my power bill down to $350 or so. It's very sunny here, but electricity is ridiculous.

I do believe a lot of places have tax incentives with solar energy. For sure talk to him and see how it's working out for him. Feel free to report back. :)

It doesn't generate enough power.

Do it yourself, it's about $3/w, buy from a door-to-doors sales co, $7/w. "Lease Free Powa!!!" is about $10/w effectively.

Put up enough panels to drop yourself to .10 / kwh. After that, the ROI falls wildly.

This assumes a tiered price structure.

Power cost for me averages about USD 0.10/kWh here, which includes fees. It's about $150/month additional power cost for my three 4P Folders, not counting monitor use. That figure is quite accurate, as it is based on the 'at the wall' power draw of the computers.

Fortunately, our summer weather is typically cool and air conditioning is not necessary - just open the windows. The impact is much less in the winter, as the Folding computers actually contribute to home heating.

Power cost for me averages about USD 0.10/kWh here, which includes fees. It's about $150/month additional power cost for my three 4P Folders, not counting monitor use. That figure is quite accurate, as it is based on the 'at the wall' power draw of the computers.

Fortunately, our summer weather is typically cool and air conditioning is not necessary - just open the windows. The impact is much less in the winter, as the Folding computers actually contribute to home heating.

I take it your in the PNW... or there abouts.

Back