Holy Cripes Visiontek Cryovenom R9 290x $850

rennyf77

2[H]4U
visiontek wants $850 bucks for their ek cooled r9 290x. for a lifetime warranty i might have bit, that is if visiontek had a history of honoring their lifetime warranty.

I don't know...if you're going to watercool this monstrosity, cutting out the middleman in the name of "near-halo product" makes a certain narrow sense...

The 290X cryotek has a 2 year warranty. Newegg just cuts and pastes info from other cards and doesn't check info such as warranties.

GUYS.................

Newegg wants $850.00 Visiontek wants $600 for the Cryo R9 290. You can buy the card at that price directly from Visiontek. The preorder cards were $550 but now they are charging $600 which is a fair price IMHO. Now we may have a glimpse what the 800 pound gorilla wants as a profit margin. $750 should be the approximate price charged for the Cryo 290X.

Talk to CS and see if they'll price match.
Tell them if they don't match the price you'll take your business to a competitor. If they still deny you, then laugh at them and close the chat window.

Newegg is still selling "Bitcoin Mining" bundles for like $3,000 so apparently they still think it's a "thing".

lol... I love that definition. Sad that companies do stuff like this though.

Newegg is still selling "Bitcoin Mining" bundles for like $3,000 so apparently they still think it's a "thing".

that doesn't make any sense. if newegg was pricing the cryovenom 290x based on mining, the powercolor lcs 290x would be back up to its mining inflated price, too.

Back