Holy Crap

wee96

2[H]4U
I just got my AC NV Silencer Rev3 and talk about a drop in temps. My stock solution would hit around 85c at full load (evga 6800gs), while it still ran fine it was raising my case temps alot more than I was willing to put up with. The exhaust really works well, im quite happy with it.

35-186-133-01.JPG

yeah i could use one of those... my lanboy case is pack and the zalman not exhausting air out on the back is a major problem

85c on stock cooling? wat was your ambient temp? cause man that is an insane temp for a 6800gs. what is your temps now on your new vga cooler?

Carbon_Le said:
85c on stock cooling? wat was your ambient temp? cause man that is an insane temp for a 6800gs. what is your temps now on your new vga cooler?

Yea 85c full load, ambient was like 30ish, now its 27. Funny thing too, the copper base had good contact and had a proper amount of thermal paste on it when I took it off, but it was a really wimpy copper slab compared to whats on there now.

Zinn said:
Nice! Two posts and still no load temps after installation :eek:

I cant believe I forgot to type that, 60-65c full load now, idles around 40. This is alot better than it was, im not claiming its super cool or anything im just happy with an air solution that works this well.

That's definitely gonna be better for your card in the long run. How's the airflow in that case? i'll bet you could improve it even more :)

my Zalman VF700 AlCu dropped my 6600GT load temps from as high as 84 to 54.. idle temps used to be 54.. now theyre at 36..

actually here were my temps when i had the stock cooler.. notice the fan speeds.. i changed them in Rivatuner .. i lower them to quiet my PC down so yea..

61C Idle @ 30% Fan speed
97C Load @ 30% 500/1000
48C Idle @ 50% Fan Speed
84C Load @ 50% (no artifact-500/1000)
85C Load @ 50 (artifacted-549/1100)
44C Idle @ 90% Fan Speed
73C Load @ 90%
43C Idle @ 100% Fan Speed
68C Load @ 100%
61-63C CS:S
73C Rithbridl

please note: the temps above are after lapping the stock cooler to smoother surface with AS5.

Zinn said:
That's definitely gonna be better for your card in the long run. How's the airflow in that case? i'll bet you could improve it even more :)

Could be better, my cabling isnt the best but its alot better than some ive seen, and my case isnt big so theres not much room to make it super neat like id prefer it.

I snagged a $9.99 silencer to put on my 6600GT this weekend. It currently idles at 56, loads at up to 94 after a few hours of play. Needless to say I really want to cool that thing down.

Back