Holy Cow - Huge Box (Logitech Z560s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxaaqq

[H]ard|Gawd
I've wanted the Z-560s for quite some time, and now that they are discontinued and starting to go out of stock everywhere, I finally broke down and got some. Man is this box huge! I can't wait to get home and hook them up!

Jason

Umm...the only thing I suggest not doing is playing extremely low bass through them (below 20Hz) at loud volumes, because I've actually heard my woofer either hit the grille, or bottom out...whichever one, it's scary...whoa!!

Anyway, I like them, but I like my new stereo system better, the Z-560s just have Way too much bass...it's crazy.

OH!!...My tip is to turn down the volume to half-way on the windows volume control, it makes the volume on the Z-560s more sensitive, so it doesn't go from quiet to blow-your-ears-our in no time at all...it's a necessity.

they're nice, to be sure. be careful w/ them because i, like MANY others, have blown the sub.

my friend is going to give me his old speaker from his sub (wiring problems) and i hope that will work. if it does i plan to sell them to help pay for my home theater audio system :D

i have had mine for about a year, it is LOUD! i love it i can have the system volume up and not every want to turn up the speakers past 1/2. and i have never had a problem with my sub, it is the cleanest sounding outta all my friends, one has a Klipsch 4.2, a Klipsch 5.1 Ultra, and a Z-680 (would sound better than mine but has a portprob) just make sure you break the whole thing in over a couple o days and itll be fine

They do sound awesome, but like some have said, they are bass heavy. I actually had to go into my sound equilizer settings and dial down the last couple of frequency ranges to get the bass more to my liking, and this was after turning the bass all the way down on the Logitech control pod.

Ya they are fuggin sick....i just got them today and had to nap after i lifted that box up 2 flights of stairs.

I hooked em up and OMG....i cant belive the sound....its almost to loud even turned all the way down.

The sub is a bit over what i wanted. Its turned down to like half on the pod and little more then half in control panel. All I can say is woooooooooooooow.

I'm loving it. I don't think the bass is too heavy. M3D seems to make the sound a little heavier, but also, it's recommended that you don't put this subwoofer in the normal position (a corner) because of the power. If you only put it against one surface (a wall) it should be fine. Mine is under my desk, close to a desk "wall" and a good six inches from any other walls, and I think it's ideal.

Jason

" have never had a problem with my sub, it is the cleanest sounding outta all my friends, one has a Klipsch 4.2, a Klipsch 5.1 Ultra,"

you're friends 4.2 and ultra 5.1s are broken or you're deaf, logitech has overbloated boomy bass and non existant highs with poor imaging and stereo seperation in comparison LOL.

making such claims shows how much of a newbie you are LOL

Mine setup is in a fairly small room, so the sub is pretty close to me. My bed is next to my desk so its kinda in the corner with the port facing me, the speaker facing right.

Anyone know for sure if the sub is shielded? It like 1 ft from my machine. I didnt think about the size of this till i got it.

The sub is very clean, even turned all the way up. When i hit the M3D button though, it seems to dimm down the sound alittle bit, even cuts the sub down alittle also, this normal for you guys?

I had the Z-560's a week ago before I sold it to my friend and I just got the Klischp 5.1 Ultra's. The bass on the Z-560 is very heavy and boomy, rumbles the hell out of my walls, but no way as clear as the Ultras. The logitech's, have cheap powerful bass compared to the klipsch deep, and rich bass that isnt as thumpy as the logitechs

Originally posted by dts-Swerv
" have never had a problem with my sub, it is the cleanest sounding outta all my friends, one has a Klipsch 4.2, a Klipsch 5.1 Ultra,"

you're friends 4.2 and ultra 5.1s are broken or you're deaf, logitech has overbloated boomy bass and non existant highs with poor imaging and stereo seperation in comparison LOL.

Untill you learn to quote someone dont call others newb.

I beg to differ, i think the highes are great with the logitechs, not as great as the klipsch of course, but they are no slouch...I just put in the DVD audio demo and played Bolero (classic concert) and it was pretty crisp to my ear. The klipsch have a crisper high to me, but overall the logitechs win by my ears. How high do you want your highes? If you want decent highes and more bass then logitech wins, if you want highes that make your ears bleed, and decent bass then the klipsch win. Now think of price....Klipsch are like 100$ more then the 560's. 100 for highes that will pop your ear drums....

If i had the money to blow then i would of considered the klipsch, but Price/Performance I belive logitech wins. This is just my opinion, after listening to them for hours.

My friend and I are going to compare his Z-680s with my Ultra's later in the week. I know he has crazy bass, but his highs arent as good.

ok the 4.2's you cant turn them up past a quarter volume or they distort, and the bass jus becomes fluffy. and the only time the ultras sounded good was when we were watching a movie with no low bass. we did nemerous bass tests and after about 40hz they dropped off and just become even more fluffy then the 4.2's. Also on the ultras you have to have it turned up to like 60 before getting any kind of decent volume out of them. My freinds and i all listen to rap music and i like heavy bass, and neither o these klipsch systems were any good at the low bass. and i was appauled at how little volume you could get out of the 4.2's before dstortion occured, and btw both of these were being used on comps with Audigy 2 Platinums. I will say that the highs are better on the Klipsch, but i would also like to point out that nowhere in my post did i sa that the klipsch highs were crap, or even said that the logitech's had better highs, so read the post before you comment.

"and the only time the ultras sounded good was when we were watching a movie with no low bass. we did nemerous bass tests and after about 40hz they dropped off and just become even more fluffy then the 4.2's. Also on the ultras you have to have it turned up to like 60 before getting any kind of decent volume out of them. My freinds and i all listen to rap music and i like heavy bass, and neither o these klipsch systems were any good at the low bass"

ROFL. good one. Yes I'd like to see a decent argument backing up those claims. I've owned the 2.1,s 4.1s 5.1s and the ultras as well as the 560's and megaworks 510s. I will tell you one thing you're in denial LOL. Sure the bass on the 560s is loud, its also one note boomy 60-80 hz bass, thats not even real bass its midbass. Anyway the 560s are not as tight or musical as the 4.1s or even the 5.1s, even then the original 5.1s were louder at all frequencies except 40 hz and 60-70hz while at the same time they extended deeper, don't go around claiming they arent good for bass rofl, you obviously know next to nothing about sub placement. When placed properly the 4.1s extend lower than the 560,s the 5.1s extend lower than the 4.1s and noticably lower than the 560's and then the ultras demolish them, no comparison. I just find your claims rediculous at best. LOL the 560 sub drops like a stone at 36hz.

Originally posted by BigMaxxin
ok the 4.2's you cant turn them up past a quarter volume or they distort, and the bass jus becomes fluffy. and the only time the ultras sounded good was when we were watching a movie with no low bass. we did nemerous bass tests and after about 40hz they dropped off and just become even more fluffy then the 4.2's. Also on the ultras you have to have it turned up to like 60 before getting any kind of decent volume out of them. My freinds and i all listen to rap music and i like heavy bass, and neither o these klipsch systems were any good at the low bass. and i was appauled at how little volume you could get out of the 4.2's before dstortion occured, and btw both of these were being used on comps with Audigy 2 Platinums. I will say that the highs are better on the Klipsch, but i would also like to point out that nowhere in my post did i sa that the klipsch highs were crap, or even said that the logitech's had better highs, so read the post before you comment.

I have to agree there, the klipsch do kinda get distorted around 60% of volume. I noticed this will the Promedia's 4.1 The bass gets the job done and the highes are fantastic...but Id rather spend less money and get less highes. I mean honestly, who here turns their treble all the way up and the bass all the way down. My parents are like that with the bass knob on their speakers. For music like Nat King Cole or Franky it sounds like screaming highes. I can say that with all the factors like (Highes, Mids, Lows, Costs)...the logitech win. The cheapest ive seen the Promedia's 4.1 are like 199.99, maybe less used..you can get the 560's like 130$ brand new online....that more then 50% more for the klipsch....price/performace.

Myabe they do sound better overall.....90% of people will take more bass for less money and less overall highes. I listened to the Promedias and the 560s all day...my roomate has the klipsch now for about 7 months, bought from Circuit city for like 229$ I was impressed with them when he bought them, my 640's were NOTHING compared. Now that i have the 560s, he wants to get them and get rid of the Klipsch he has. He even offered me to trade my set for his....after comparing with Movies, Counter strike..about 10 different types of music ranging from Classic to drum and bass, i prefer the logitech over all.

Another thing is the 2.1 Promedias....i compared the overall sound to the EV sonics and I think the Sonics win with all the factors. Of course NOT counting the fact they are Fugly (fuggin ugly). The sound is amaxzing for the price. The bass is alittle softer but the highes are on par with the Promedias. If I had the money I would buy the best, but if i was on a budget, again those Sonics KICK major major ass.

I think of this like buying a new car...i really want a nice overall fast car, but still have room and 4 doors. My choices are Mitsubishi Evo8 (logitech) and a Audi A4 Quattro (Klipsch). Well we all know hands down that Audi makes awesome cars...the performance are nice and the features are TOP notch...but now think of the factors...first Looks....well, I likes the looks of both cars. Speed...well i think the Evo will beat the Audi's considering the Evo is all wheel drive. Now think of price....well the audi is in the 40k range while the Evo is about 30k...

So for 10k more i can get the name of Audi, some nice beeps and whistles here and there....overall, the Evo is a nice car, granted not as nice as the audi but for 10k less for more speed, less options. It all comes down to what you want...you want to save alittle but still be on par then get the Evo...if you want to show off you have money and want the same overall performance, then get the audi.......hmmm you get my point?

See you obviously like car audio bass, just boom boom. not tight defined bass. If you want boom boom by all means keep your 560's Not everyone likes bass thrown at you with the fidelity of a rocket launcher. If you compare the ultras to the 560s, my point is there is not comparison, which is contrary to what that newb posted. I agree with you if you just want boomy non defined 1 note bass then the 560s are for you. Also you sate the promedias get distorted, yep if you have an idiot that doesn't know how to place them properly. If you place them right you dont have to exagurate the sub to get decent performance and similar output to the 560s.

Originally posted by BigMaxxin
i have had mine for about a year, it is LOUD! i love it i can have the system volume up and not every want to turn up the speakers past 1/2. and i have never had a problem with my sub, it is the cleanest sounding outta all my friends, one has a Klipsch 4.2, a Klipsch 5.1 Ultra, and a Z-680 (would sound better than mine but has a portprob) just make sure you break the whole thing in over a couple o days and itll be fine

Loud does not equal quality.

Something must be seriously wrong with your friend's Ultra's, because the bass > Z-560's.

As for you Swerv, quit with the name calling.

Noob.

Not many people perfectly place their speakers though....I agree the Klipsch have a tigher sounding bass and nicer highes...but really ask yourself this...you have a certain amount to spend on speakers....would you rather spend the money on the klipsch, or buy the logitechs, which in my opinion are not too far off from the klipsch, and get something else for your system like a nice CPU, maybe a new sound card... etc etc.

You cant say that they dont compare, cause they really do compare. I think most people will see that logitech has certainly moved up in the world of speakers. Klipsch is a company that makes AWESOME speakers....I would buy them if I had the extra money.

Is the klipsch sound worth the 50% difference in price? Not a chance.

Originally posted by Duck-BOT

Something must be seriously wrong with your friend's Ultra's, because the bass > Z-560's.

agreed

I feel sorry for Swerv. He had to deal with all the other noobs first.

As for BigMaxxin and Highlife.......well, I stopped reading their horrible BS after their first couple of posts. You can't seem to get them to understand anything :confused: However, if your ears are damaged/bad in the first place (as I assume from reading the first couple posts), just don't make say they are greater than the higher logitechs or klipschs, and the flaming will stop and we can all go cry together :rolleyes:

They aren't horrible speakers, but saying that they are overall better against say KlipschPM 5.1 or z-680, makes me have to wonder. And it is even worse when you say that they have even better quality bass :eek:

I guess some people prefer "boomy bass".

I'll the Ultra's anyday over the entire Z series.:) (considering I own the Z560's)

I dont think the 560's are better then the 680's. Im just stating that for the money the price/performance the klipsch are not all that different between the 2. You dont have to read my BS, read almost any review on the 560's and they will say they are as good or better in some areas then the klipsch.

Klipsch is AWESOME sold. My roomate has the 4.1 Promedias and they are great. I enjoy listening to both...The bass has more range and it seems to be alittle softer overall. The highes are amazing. Verty very bright, almost to bright with the treble in the card settings turned mostly down. Klipsch are fantastic speakers...first to even come out with something that nice for a PC. When i first heard them i was wanting them realllllllly realllllly bad. Of course I didnt have the money to spend on them. Price is a huge factor for most of us. I know there are some people who have the fundage for it. Like I said, If i had the money I would of bought the Klipsch...but also if I had to money I would of bought a Vaporchill, Audugy2 Plat, 9800XT, AMD 64 FX51, 2Gb of memory, 1 terabyte of storage etc etc. No aguring that they are better or worse then the logitechs. Im saying that for the money, Logitechs are worth the loss of tigher bass and brighter highes.

Now if i had to choice without the thought of money then I would of bought the Klipsch...im not saying they are awful..but you cant tell me that the sound difference is worth the price difference. Unless you getting a hella good deal on some klipsch.

Originally posted by Highlife
I dont think the 560's are better then the 680's. Im just stating that for the money the price/performance the klipsch are not all that different between the 2. You dont have to read my BS, read almost any review on the 560's and they will say they are as good or better in some areas then the klipsch.

Klipsch is AWESOME sold. My roomate has the 4.1 Promedias and they are great. I enjoy listening to both...The bass has more range and it seems to be alittle softer overall. The highes are amazing. Verty very bright, almost to bright with the treble in the card settings turned mostly down. Klipsch are fantastic speakers...first to even come out with something that nice for a PC. When i first heard them i was wanting them realllllllly realllllly bad. Of course I didnt have the money to spend on them. Price is a huge factor for most of us. I know there are some people who have the fundage for it. Like I said, If i had the money I would of bought the Klipsch...but also if I had to money I would of bought a Vaporchill, Audugy2 Plat, 9800XT, AMD 64 FX51, 2Gb of memory, 1 terabyte of storage etc etc. No aguring that they are better or worse then the logitechs. Im saying that for the money, Logitechs are worth the loss of tigher bass and brighter highes.

Now if i had to choice without the thought of money then I would of bought the Klipsch...im not saying they are awful..but you cant tell me that the sound difference is worth the price difference. Unless you getting a hella good deal on some klipsch.

1)It wasnt entirely based on what you said, it was on what you and BigMaxxin said

2)They do compare, but the Klipsch is entirely better than the logitechs

3)They sounded too bright, so you used an equalizer? Bad config/setup

4)The sound difference is worth the price difference. If you can hear it.

5)Logitechs have loud, horrible bass. It is loud though.

6)All the Klipschs I have heard DO NOT distort at over 1/4 , but even if they did, 1/4 is really loud

7)100% cost difference? Only 42% off. Lowest I have seen the 2.1's go is $100, lowest for the 4.1s $140.

8)As a review, music should be listened in 2.0 (or 2.1), with the exception of SACD/DVD-A

9)I did not bother reading all your posts

10)If you changed your views throughout the thread I did not notice

Bonus)I find people understand better with the numbered list

Originally posted by zachary80
(I find people understand better with the numbered list)

1)It wasnt entirely based on what you said, it was on what you and BigMaxxin said

2)They do compare, but the Klipsch is entirely better than the logitechs

3)They sounded too bright, so you used an equalizer? Bad config/setup

4)The sound difference is worth the price difference. If you can hear it.

5)Logitechs have loud, horrible bass. It is loud though.

6)All the Klipschs I have heard DO NOT distort at over 1/4 , but even if they did, 1/4 is really loud

7)100% cost difference? Only 42% off. Lowest I have seen the 2.1's go is $100, lowest for the 4.1s $140.

8)As a review, music should be listened in 2.0 (or 2.1), with the exception of SACD/DVD-A

9)I did not bother reading all your posts

10)If you changed your views throughout the thread I did not notice

1- I never said the klipsch were bad. The highes are to high for my taste that why my setup i have now seems to be a better fit.

2- Well at least they compare. Now to say how much better? I dont think they sound all that much better, im some areas I think the logitech sound better.

3- He is using the same card i am, Audigy 2, of course he does have the bigger room. We using the EQ in MediaSource. The only difference in settings is my treble is turned up past 60% and his is down. My bass is turned mostly down, and his is past 60%. We are both bass monsters. I have a Orion HCCA in my car, he has a Image Dynamics.

4- How much difference for how much difference.

5- I and many others think the bass is alittle to much. Yes I will agree. You have to agree that its not horrible, just like im saying Klipsch isnt horrible.

6- at 65% of the volume turned up on the klipsch it starts to sound loose. No normal person listens to music or plays games that high, but like i said my roomate loves drum and bass, old school rap. He is normally that high....anything past that and its not nice.

7- Never in my post did i say 100%, in my first post i might of mention a 100$ difference...I see my firgure at around 50% more. Which i clearly stated in my posts.

8- First thing i used was the DVD audio disc that we both got when we bought our sound cards. I listen through the entire disc with both systems. For normal MP3 I listened to them with CMSS on and off, in classic effect, CMSS2, stereo surround. Overall im not much for alot of highes...to my ears and through my overall playing with both. I prefer the sound of the Logitechs...with the bass turned down ALOT. Klipsch sound is overall cleaner. With my system at 75, its not pretty. Same with the Klipsch at around 65%, its just not clean period in either system.

9- Maybe you should of read the post, then you can get your facts straight.

10- I never changed my views...In my first post i clearly said that this was my opinion, If you see if different then so be it. Also, see number 9 again.

This started as a topic about logitechs....I compared the Non Ultras Promedia 4.1 setup to my setup. My roomate and I both agree that we like the overall sound of the Logitechs over the klipsch. I never really got to listen to the Ultras so I cant say. People seem to agree that the GMX dont sound better then the Promedias, again I havent got a chance to compare with all the same varibles.

THIS IS MY OPINION.....YMMV!

Thanks, please drive through.

1- I never said the klipsch were bad. The highes are to high for my taste that why my setup i have now seems to be a better fit.

2- Well at least they compare. Now to say how much better? I dont think they sound all that much better

3- He is using the same card i am, Audigy 2, of course he does have the bigger room. We using the EQ in MediaSource. The only difference in settings is my treble is turned up past 60% and his is down. My bass is turned mostly down, and his is past 60%. We are both bass monsters. I have a Orion HCCA in my car, he has a Image Dynamics.

4- How much difference for how much difference.

5- I and many others think the bass is alittle to much. Yes I will agree. You have to agree that its not horrible, just like im saying Klipsch isnt horrible.

6- at 65% of the volume turned up on the klipsch it starts to sound loose. No normal person listens to music or plays games that high, but like i said my roomate loves drum and bass, old school rap. He is normally that high....anything past that and its not nice.

7- Never in my post did i say 100%, in my first post i might of mention a 100$ difference...I see my firgure at around 50% more. Which i clearly stated in my posts.

8- First thing i used was the DVD audio disc that we both got when we bought our sound cards. I listen through the entire disc with both systems. For normal MP3 I listened to them with CMSS on and off, in classic effect, CMSS2, stereo surround. Overall im not much for alot of highes...to my ears and through my overall playing with both. I prefer the sound of the Logitechs...with the bass turned down ALOT. Klipsch sound is overall cleaner. With my system at 75, its not pretty. Same with the Klipsch at around 65%, its just not clean period in either system.

9- Maybe you should of read the post, then you can get your facts straight.

10- I never changed my views...In my first post i clearly said that this was my opinion, If you see if different then so be it. Also, see number 9.

1).
2)Everything compares
3)Equalizers suck. I also like bass :)
4)?
5)I won't say that it's bass isn't horrbile. It is my opinion that it is that way, and I am not going to be swayed until I hear some future version of the Z-560 that has a completely different sub
6)Big said 1/4. Earlier, you said 65%. See original #10
7)I know you said 50%. 50-8=42.
8)ok
9)no. too log.
10)see #6

in regards to you edit:
so I am faced with confusion, because of your conflicting statements:
earlier, you stated that if you had the money, you would buy the klipsch
then you stated that you don't think the z560's are better than the z680's
and now you have stated that you and your roomate agree that the z560's sound better than the klipschs

so, to summarize:
klipsch>all(z680, z560)
z680>z560
z560>klipsch

which leads me to (with most recent opion changes taken into acount as more credible):
z560>klipsch>z680

:confused: :confused: :confused:

As for you Swerv, quit with the name calling.

Noob.

*clap clap clap* You just summerized what I had just said. However, I still don't think they get it.

Who are you tha King of France?? LOL. If some newb, which in this case he obviously is misinforms someone; I will call them a newb. Its not like im calling them a c0cksmoker or something worse.... And if that person is ignorant, I will call them ignorant , thanks.

Now as to the person changing their views on the klipsch speakers from the beginning of the thread to the end, look at that first post you wrote, you clearly said it had better bass than the ultras which is just a joke. *cough* denial *cough*

Zach...read again....this is a thread about the Logitech 560s.

I state my opinion on the systems I was using.

TO put it into terms you can understand I will used your math

560's >/= Klipsch 4.1 Promedias= has it ups and downs. Same with the Klipsch...Klipsch biggest downer to me is price. I would of bought them for the money simply cause I know Klipsch is a good quaility system, my roomates are the 4.1 systems and souded great, but i wanted to give logitech its day in court. Logitech is moving up, but still its hard to choose between the 2. Since I was limited to amount, I took the 560s. After owning the 640's, i was worried that Logitech couldnt make what I want.

560s </? 680s= I think the new control center and wireless remote is awesome. Was out of my price range so the only type of testing is listening to it in a Local Computer store that had them on display. They sounded great..bass was alittle more hollow cause it was in the middle of a big room, but it still looks just like the 560s.

560s < uultra or GMX = ?? = i have no system to test against. SO i dont have a clue. Only listening maybe in Circuit city once or twice, but thats all...again was a huge store in the middle, not against any walls. PLus most places put some nice stuff out, but never hook it up. I notice that alot lately, cause i guess they dont want people to blow up their expensive Display.

Overall listening to the 560's and 4.1 Promedia Id PREFER the sound of the logitechs. Call me crazy, call me nuts, I think the light highes is more pleasing to my ears. The sub is deep and does shake everything around. My sub is turned down to like half on the pod and less then 50% in my EQ settings of my card. Im not using M3d which supposed to create a virtual center. It does work though. Not as nice as good 5.1, but nicer then my 640's ever did.

Another varible, which will soon be fixed, is that my roomate's room is bigger then mine. His sub placement and my sub placement could of course make the differences in sound. To please him and my mind, I have decided to swap speakers out for a few days for him to play with.

so lets review -

560 >= Promedia 4.1
680 > 560 >=promedia
GMX =>Promedia

Yes apparently one of us isn't keeping up...

Oh and thats the newbie way of writing "newb" say do you get owned in first person shooters often? LOL

Zach...read again....this is a thread about the Logitech 560s.

I state my opinion on the systems I was using.

TO put it into terms you can understand I will used your math

560's >/= Klipsch 4.1 Promedias= has it ups and downs. Same with the Klipsch...Klipsch biggest downer to me is price. I would of bought them for the money simply cause I know Klipsch is a good quaility system, but i wanted to give logitech its day in court. Logitech is moving up, but still its hard to choose between the 2. Since I was limited to amount, I took the 560s. After owning the 640's, i was worried that Logitech make what I want.

560s </? 680s= I think the new control center and wireless remote is awesome. Was out of my price range so the only type of testing is listening to it in a Local Computer store that had them on display. They sounded great..bass was alittle more hollow cause it was in the middle of a big room, but it still looks just like the 560s.
/*
560s < uultra or GMX = ?? = i have no system to test against. SO i dont have a clue. Only listening maybe in Circuit city once or twice, but thats all...again was a huge store in the middle, not against any walls. PLus most places put some nice stuff out, but never hook it up. I notice that alot lately, cause i guess they dont want people to blow up their expensive Display.
*/
Overall listening to the 560's and 4.1 Promedia Id PREFER the sound of the logitechs. Call me crazy, call me nuts, I think the light highes is more pleasing to my ears. The sub is deep and does shake everything around. My sub is turned down to like half on the pod and less then 50% in my EQ settings of my card. Im not using M3d which supposed to create a virtual center. It does work though. Not as nice, but nicer then my 640's ever did.

Another varible, which will soon be fixed, is that my roomate's room is bigger then mine. His sub placement and my sub placement could of course make the differences in sound. To please him and my mind, I have decided to swap speakers out for a few days for him to play with.

so lets review -

560 >= Promedia 4.1
680 > 560 >=promedia
GMX =>Promedia

Everywhere above that I said Klipschs/PM I was referring to the 4.1

So you say you prefer the sound of the logitechs. Wouldn't that make 560>PM4.1?

Why would you buy the Klipsch if you like the z680's more?

Store listening counts for nothing.

GMX are lower-end than PM

Everywhere above that I said Klipschs/PM I was referring to the 4.1

So you say you prefer the sound of the logitechs. Wouldn't that make 560>PM4.1?

Why would you buy the Klipsch if you like the z680's more?

Store listening counts for nothing.

GMX are lower-end than PM

Just making it clear that the systems im getting to play with.

Ahhh $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I know store testing counts for nothing, but thats why im not making judgments on them.

I read a few reviews and hearing what is said on boards, PM >=GMX, but cant say for sure.

I think the 680's would be great just for the like control center and the wireless remote. Im seeing its not that much difference in power between them. I also noticed that they look just like the 560s. Of course, not the Center =). So im assuming that they are pretty close or better then the 560's

If i had the a little extra money I would of bought the klipsch, If i had a little more then that I would of bought the 680's. All in all Im glad I didnt buy the klipsch, again its up and down. Price was pleasing, both 4.1 systems. Plus I wanted to see how the logitech sub compared to the klipsch.

Yes apparently one of us isn't keeping up...

Oh and thats the newbie way of writing "newb" say do you get owned in first person shooters often? LOL

I thought newb was the old way? Guess I'm not 1337 enough :rolleyes:

Just making it clear that the systems im getting to play with.

Ahhh $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I know store testing counts for nothing, but thats why im not making judgments on them.

I read a few reviews and hearing what is said on boards, PM >=GMX, but cant say for sure.

I think the 680's would be great just for the like control center and the wireless remote. Im seeing its not that much difference in power between them. I also noticed that they look just like the 560s. Of course, not the Center =). So im assuming that they are pretty close or better then the 560's

If i had the a little extra money I would of bought the klipsch, If i had a little more then that I would of bought the 680's.

I believe the logitech Z680s cost less than the Klipsch Ultras

Unless.........

Say you had $140. You buy the Z560. Say you had $200. You would buy the Klipsch 4.1 PM. Say you had $250. You would buy the Z680.

:confused:

I thought newb was the old way? Guess I'm not 1337 enough :rolleyes:

I believe the logitech Z680s cost less than the Klipsch Ultras

Unless.........

Say you had $140. You buy the Z560. Say you had $200. You would buy the Klipsch 4.1 PM. Say you had $250. You would buy the Z680.

:confused:

I would of bought my Z560s, I couldnt really find 4.1 klipsch for 140$ shipped. I got my 560's from Omunus here on [H] who saw my FS thread.

Highlife
Just a Gawd

Home speakers added....pending sale, but make offers of trades or anything in case deal doesnt go through.

I WANT z560s or Klipsch 4.1 ....will trade System and Speakers for them. Or trade PC speakers and Home speakers for them striaght up. Come on guys, gimme my 560's I want them baddddddd.

Link to my thread, just scroll down towards the middle. I edited my first post as stuff got sold.

well in "newb" games like counterstrike and unreal tournament which are a joke and too easy to play online, you hear a lot of " n00b " also in some realtime strategy games. If you've been playing fps long enough you'll know that the real skill is in the quake series.

Anyways back on topic. Highlife and Bigmaxxin completely changed their views on the klipsch since the beginning of this thread.. *rolls eyes* :rolleyes:

How high do you want your highes? If you want decent highes and more bass then logitech wins, if you want highes that make your ears bleed, and decent bass then the klipsch win. Now think of price....Klipsch are like 100$ more then the 560's. 100 for highes that will pop your ear drums....

I would of bought my Z560s, I couldnt really find 4.1 klipsch for 140$ shipped. I got my 560's from Omunus here on [H] who saw my FS thread.

Highlife
Just a Gawd

Home speakers added....pending sale, but make offers of trades or anything in case deal doesnt go through.

I WANT z560s or Klipsch 4.1 ....will trade System and Speakers for them. Or trade PC speakers and Home speakers for them striaght up. Come on guys, gimme my 560's I want them baddddddd.

Link to my thread, just scroll down towards the middle. I edited my first post as stuff got sold.
all I have to say is...........what the hell is going on now?

to calrify i said that the 680 would sound better then mine but the Port rattles, and hey if it is my personal preference that i like my 560's then sue me. i never said that people should buy logitechs over the klipsch.

all I have to say is...........what the hell is going on now?

whoops, i didnt mean to get my name.

This is my FS thread. I wanted to trade for 560s or Promedia 4.1 + alittle cash. SO i was really up in the air, but figured that i would try for some promedias. Again, im glad i didnt.

Now will you leave me alone...ive done more then explain what i said and why i said it. I have more then answered you question and again Im glad i went with the logitech over the klipsch. Thank you. Have a nice day =)

LOL the 560 sub drops like a stone at 36hz.
I have done tests and had it reproduce 7Hz, you can't hear it, but you can see it moving.
Other users' opinions cannot be taken as good all the time either. Individual characteristics of each room should be taken into effect, and in cases (such as my room), my Z-560s sound really good, maybe it's the fact that I actually know how to position speakers and do other things :)D...bow down to my NX10...:p)...anyway...I'm glade to see this load of crap has ended...haha, I'm kinda contributing to it...whatever.

Oh, and if you think the Z-560s sub puts out too much non-bass, just shove a shirt in the port, it won't be as loud, but it fixes that problem a lot, the backwave has a hell-of-a-lot of crap in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back