• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Holophonic Audio?

It's old tech (Carver from back in the late 70's), and there are at least two different methods of doing it in 3D Sound.

That being said, Pink Floyd did a live concert transmitted over FM with Sonic Holography encoded. That was cool way back then.
 
Sounds like your standard binaural type recording. It works pretty good at tricking the brain, for a minute there it actually did sound like the thing was moving down.
 
Some of it is psychological. I say that because of the fact if you werent told you were supposed to hear the sound move up and down, you would not have imagined it was doing that simply by hearing it.
 
BBA said:
Some of it is psychological. I say that because of the fact if you werent told you were supposed to hear the sound move up and down, you would not have imagined it was doing that simply by hearing it.
Yea, ............. well my psychology tells me your psychology is a psychology that I don't agree with. No harm done. I'm usually truthful to myself.

I just think its funny because I was reading about binaural audio the other day in a book.

<edit>I just thought of something funny. If you wern't truthful to yourself, every time someone said something smelled like crap..... you would smell it as crap.</edit>
 
Yeah it's just playing with certain frequency's and noises and making messing with range. You won't be able to get 5.1 surround sound simulation with movies from any of these techniques. Led Zepplin also did this with "Whole Lotta Love" which was a very trippy effect.
 
You Know,

With a Proper Stereo Speaker Set and well laid out room you can get Perfect 3D Imagery from any recording. No Need to spend a fortune either.

You can do it in a car to. Just takes two good speakers with an equal distance from the listener and each other in an accoustically acceptable space. Nothing more.
 
Back
Top