sy gardner
n00b
- Joined
- Nov 9, 2011
- Messages
- 42
Hi guys,
Basically I have moved address and have to wait until Wednesday for the broadband to be installed again in the new address. Anyway, I wanted to access my Steam games, and I couldn't by using the temporary dongle that I had bought., due to the ports being blocked or whatever
So after a bit of research to try and work around Steam not opening, I went and downloaded a VPN software program called Hubspot Shield, and it worked in getting steam to update and letting me access it, etc.
Anyway, I turned off the PC last night, and when I woke up this morning and turned it back on, my desktop had completely changed, the image was changed to something else I didn't even know I had, the programs where all laid out differently, my anti virus software had been turned off (and it won't let me turn it back on) and also certain programs no longer work, including Google Chrome, it appears to have just disappeared completely, as do some of the others.
I am a bit worried as something doesn't feel right with my machine, obviously with so many things changing and stuff.
I would appreciate it if anyone has any idea about what might have happened, or what is causing this?
I have deleted the hubspot shield program now, but everything is still the same, and nothing will work like it did previously, etc.
Thank you very much to anyone who can help me.
Basically I have moved address and have to wait until Wednesday for the broadband to be installed again in the new address. Anyway, I wanted to access my Steam games, and I couldn't by using the temporary dongle that I had bought., due to the ports being blocked or whatever
So after a bit of research to try and work around Steam not opening, I went and downloaded a VPN software program called Hubspot Shield, and it worked in getting steam to update and letting me access it, etc.
Anyway, I turned off the PC last night, and when I woke up this morning and turned it back on, my desktop had completely changed, the image was changed to something else I didn't even know I had, the programs where all laid out differently, my anti virus software had been turned off (and it won't let me turn it back on) and also certain programs no longer work, including Google Chrome, it appears to have just disappeared completely, as do some of the others.
I am a bit worried as something doesn't feel right with my machine, obviously with so many things changing and stuff.
I would appreciate it if anyone has any idea about what might have happened, or what is causing this?
I have deleted the hubspot shield program now, but everything is still the same, and nothing will work like it did previously, etc.
Thank you very much to anyone who can help me.