HL2 - small graphical error - (spoiler image!)

This graphical error showed up near the end of the game. The picture I am including would be considered a spoiler if you haven't finished the game yet, so please do not click if you haven't finished.

I'm posting this in Video because I'm fairly sure it is some kind of video error. I only saw it at certain parts, not always at the end. Usually whenever there was something going on. The card wasn't overheating either, as far as I could tell. Other than that little error it ran just fine, the same as it did through the whole game.

My specs are in my signature and I'm running the 6.14.10.6693 drivers.
The card is overclocked to 400/1100 which ran the game fine, including Doom 3.

The most obvious thing is to try and run the game at stock settings. I'll try that (should have already, I know) and I'll report back later.

Other than the obvious "fixes" (downclocking, cooling), does anyone have any ideas? Perhaps you have seen this before? Thanks.

P.S. It ALWAYS showed up in the SAME spot, no matter what.

Notice it is at the VERY top and to the left of the image.

i get the same thing at high oc's on my 6800 in many games. it is not quite artifacting but it does show up right before the cards limet. i just egnore it if it shows up, it seems to go away after a cuple hours

Back