HL2 Save Files

Alex41290

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay, well, my computer is being uber gay, so I decided to format and reinstall windows. But i want to keep my HL2 save games, cuz i don't wanna hafta start the game over. Where are they, and can i just copy them into a folder and put them back later?

thanks!

alex

I too, had to format my computer two days ago. I forgot to save my saved game files

Anyone have a comepleted game saved game file that you could email me?

This would be greatly appreciated!

[email protected]

there is no Half-Life 2 folder and then, of course, no save folder...?

i think i'll just forget about it, and just format...

Anybody care to tell me why people get a popup, freak out and reformat? I mean damn! Do u replace the engine on ur car when the washer fluid light comes on too?! :p /rant

Alex41290 said:
there is no Half-Life 2 folder and then, of course, no save folder...?

i think i'll just forget about it, and just format...

But there IS a Half-Life 2 folder, you're just too lazy to find it.

Here's where to find it:

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life 2\hl2\SAVE

haha, sorry, dude, but there isn't one...which is VERY strange. Probly because mine is retail? as for the other dude, I didn't get a popup, I have the google toolbar (i know, but it works) and i haven't had a popup in forever. as for the reason for reinstalling, CS was being gay, my internet connection was being gay (most likely my chitty router), and I was getting fed up with like 200+mb commit charge and like 70 processes...so, don't tell me that i'm a fool for formatting, i'm happy with it too...

Alex41290 said:
haha, sorry, dude, but there isn't one...which is VERY strange. Probly because mine is retail? as for the other dude, I didn't get a popup, I have the google toolbar (i know, but it works) and i haven't had a popup in forever. as for the reason for reinstalling, CS was being gay, my internet connection was being gay (most likely my chitty router), and I was getting fed up with like 200+mb commit charge and like 70 processes...so, don't tell me that i'm a fool for formatting, i'm happy with it too...

I had the same win2k install for about 3 years and have gone through many upgrades, hardships, etc. yet it still runs great! Soo uhh yeah... Reformatting everytime something small happens isn't solving the problem its just delaying it till it happens again since u never found out why it happend in the first place! :p

its probly cuz i'm not conservative at all, and i just download everything and anything because i can :p

but i'm happy with this...very "sleek" and faster than before, so i'm pleased with it...you can be happy with ur install to...

Back