HL2 Release Question

andocser

Weaksauce
Can anyone verify PlanetHL's countdown clock for the release of HL2? Will it infact be unlocked at midnight?

unlocked midnight valves time .... the other thread clearly states this ... but oh well who cares about duplicate posts ?? /sarcasm

Hoorah, they're getting to screw one demographic over one last time before release;

Fuck you, East Coast!

WickedAngel said:
Hoorah, they're getting to screw one demographic over one last time before release;

Fuck you, East Coast!
....i dont get it...how else COULD they do it? if they released it at 12:00AM EVERYWHERE then some OTHER people would be getting screwed over...jesus.

MLeach said:
to what timezone is valve's clock set? GMT? EST?

Why on Earth would you think a Washington State located company would set their clocks to Eastern Standard Time? Serisouly.....the West Coast DOES exsist you know....and there really is some stuff in the middle besides farms.

East Coasters---- :rolleyes:

Tiny said:
Why on Earth would you think a Washington State located company would set their clocks to Eastern Standard Time? Serisouly.....the West Coast DOES exsist you know....and there really is some stuff in the middle besides farms.

East Coasters---- :rolleyes:

Well...Microsoft is based in Washington, and we got Halo 2 at 12 AM on the Ninth, here...

I didn't have to wait until three in the morning to play my copy. Fact is...if they had the ability, I would have suggested unlocking the game at midnight in the particular time zones...I honestly think the activation servers will be flooded at 3 AM tonight...but, then again, I won't get my copy for another twenty five hours or so...so I'm not worried.

I just bought the silver package off steam. oohhhh... I cant wait until tomarrow! (I ain't as crazy as you mofos, I'm going to get a good nights sleep and play all day tomarrow, and maybe I'll go to class if i feel like it :))

well this sucks, i'm not gonna stay up till 3 AM, they should activate according to the different time zones,

than again you could give them a fake address and get in, just change the clock on your pc.

none the less, this sucks

k1pp3r said:
well this sucks, i'm not gonna stay up till 3 AM, they should activate according to the different time zones,

than again you could give them a fake address and get in, just change the clock on your pc.

none the less, this sucks
Take a nap when you get home and get up at 2:45 AM, problem solved.

Back