HL2: Episodes 1 & 2 for PC $5 at Circuit City

I'm enjoying these deals for killer games for 5 bucks. IMHO all games should be this price, they would sell by the millions even if people can't run them :D I'm sure Crysis would sell millions just for people to try it out, and I'm thinking people wont complain as much about a game that wont run "fully optimized" if it cost them around 5 bucks, rather than forking out 50+ for a game that you can't return (only exchange for same item) if your computer can't run it.

I'd hit it if only HL2 didn't make me nauseous. Sucks I can't play it longer than 5-10 minutes before I feel like throwing up.

Does any one knows if these keys come in pairs Like 2 sepereate keys or one single key ???

I already have one,...

I'd hit it if only HL2 didn't make me nauseous. Sucks I can't play it longer than 5-10 minutes before I feel like throwing up.

I had the same problem until I found the FOV fix. The problem is that the FOV is set to 75 and that make some people nauseous. Open the cosole and type this in:
sv_cheats 1
fov 90

I had this issue. Changed my FOV setting to 90, and I could play a LOT longer.

Enable the console in the keyboard settings, then press the ~ button (in game or at the load screen). Type "sv_cheats 1" then press enter. Then "fov 90" to change it. You can check to see if it's changed by typing "default_fov" into the console. The stock setting is 75.0, you'll want to make sure it's changed because sometimes it dies between loads.

*edit* Heh..beat to it..but mine was more detailed. :p

Thanks for the solution, will try it when I get the chance. Wouldn't field of vision increase the amount of detail on screen? I attributed my nauseous to the game having too much stuff going on at once but I'm still more or less clueless. Think this happens also when I play COD4 for too long though it doesn't hit as hard. The old shooters I never had a problem with however :X

Thanks for the solution, will try it when I get the chance. Wouldn't field of vision increase the amount of detail on screen? I attributed my nauseous to the game having too much stuff going on at once but I'm still more or less clueless. Think this happens also when I play COD4 for too long though it doesn't hit as hard. The old shooters I never had a problem with however :X

I can play other FPS's all day long without problems, but I would get sick in 10 minutes playing HL2. I think the narrow FOV makes us feel like we have blinders on and that causes the nausia. Anyway, changing the FOV really does work so give it a shot.

As an aside, if you buy at least $24 bucks worth of stuff, shipping is free.

I'm enjoying these deals for killer games for 5 bucks. IMHO all games should be this price, they would sell by the millions even if people can't run them :D I'm sure Crysis would sell millions just for people to try it out, and I'm thinking people wont complain as much about a game that wont run "fully optimized" if it cost them around 5 bucks, rather than forking out 50+ for a game that you can't return (only exchange for same item) if your computer can't run it.

I agree, now if only i could get UT3, Lost planet, TF2 , CSS for this price .

may have to pick this up. I played through Half Life 2, but haven't tried any of the episodes yet.

Are the episodes any good? I thought Half Life 2 was way too long lol

I probably spent 10 hours on each, but I like to explore a lot. I'm a big HL fan, but I think they were very well done. HL1 is still my all time favorite game, and in perspective was much better than any of the followups; but they're a lot of fun to play.

Well, I saw this deal on Slickdeals, so I went to pick up the Episode 1 and 2, then went back and got the first HL2. So I started HL2 tonight (the $9.99 at CC one). This game is magnificent. Physics engine, AI, just everything as a whole.

I probably spent 10 hours on each, but I like to explore a lot. I'm a big HL fan, but I think they were very well done. HL1 is still my all time favorite game, and in perspective was much better than any of the followups; but they're a lot of fun to play.
There was certainly nothing to explore in Ep 1 as that game was about as linear as it can get and IMO quite boring. Ep 2 at least actually encouraged some limited exploring and I found that episode much more entertaining. HL1 is my second favorite game with my favorite being the They Hunger trilogy which was a HL1 mod. ;)

I bit on this. Been dieing to play EP2. I'm just having it shipped to me with 3 day shipping for under $10. Save myself the gas.

I have horrible problems with FPS games, which is why I haven't played them much. I had always attributed it to frame rates. However, I found that even with newer hardware and older games, I was still getting sick. The headaches are horrible!!

I always game in the dark. Thats the way it looks best to me. I found that the more light I had in the room, the longer I could play. I still have to limit myself, but I've gone from avoiding FPS games like the plague to enjoying them. I still prefer a good third person adventure game, but I won't turn down a game just because it's an FPS anymore.

I actually can't wait to try this FOV suggestion. I never thought of doing that, and if it works I'm hoping I'll be able to play for more than 20-30 minutes at a time! It sucks just getting into a "level" and having to save and come back the next day.

may have to pick this up. I played through Half Life 2, but haven't tried any of the episodes yet.

Are the episodes any good? I thought Half Life 2 was way too long lol

I picked up the Orange Box for portal. After playing through that, I decided to give the Half Lifes a try. I never played the first one (would love to once the port to source is complete, assuming it's still going to happen), but I very much enjoyed the second one and all the episodes and expansions.

The episodes are not nearly as long as the full game, and are more than worth the $10 of the full price, or the $5 sale price. I believe episode two was approximately 10 hours for me, maybe a little less. I enjoyed it quite a bit though.

I already have episode 1, but I got this anyway. Usually there is a way to give one away through steam.

Here is the Canadian Link. $9.99

Hey Shmuckety, if your offering to give away your extra copy of EP1, i wouldent mind getting it off you. ;)
I know others here have done that before, so it is possible.
I think you fill in an email somewhere in steem and then it sends a link to the person your giving it to.
Let me know via PM and ill send you my email.

That's true. I already have EP1 as well. I would give it away if someone knew how to do it. I might be able to figure out how.

I just got the orange box about 3 weeks ago, and have played through all of it now, I am anxiously waiting on ep3!

Not to get off topic, but my Circuit City has these great deals:
Stranglehold 49.99
MOH Airborne 49.99
Painkiller triple pack 39.99
Universe @ War 49.99
Full Spectrum Warrior Ten Hammers 39.99
Kane and Lynch Dead Men 39.99
My local Circuit City is so out of touch with PC gamers it's not even funny!:mad:

Bought... CC also has Battlefield 2142 deluxe for 19.99. Curiously only 1 box was 19.99 and the others were 29.99. Didn't pick it up though.. experiences with BF2 was crappy.

Back