HL2 Ep2 Graphic Problems (possible artifact?)

silenteye

Limp Gawd
Whenever I shine a light on a character in this game (e.g. Vortigaunt or Alyx) and its supposed to show the shadow of the character, i get this weird graphic blocky stuff on the top third of my screen, i wonder whether or not its artifacting or something.

and here is the example

hopefully someone can help me here
i do have my video card overclocked (using ATI Tool) a little bit, but not very much (i think its at optimal settings) or some sort of automatic overclock settings using ati tool

that looks like the scenery behind the walls. update your drivers if possible. I don't believe it is artifacting though.

Are you forcing AA in the drivers? I had this same problem so I thought it was the overclock on my card, it wasn't. So disabling AA got rid of it, but then I realized I was forcing AA through the drivers, so I set Ep2 to Application Controlled in the nVidia Control Panel, and then it worked perfectly after that.

Are you forcing AA in the drivers? I had this same problem so I thought it was the overclock on my card, it wasn't. So disabling AA got rid of it, but then I realized I was forcing AA through the drivers, so I set Ep2 to Application Controlled in the nVidia Control Panel, and then it worked perfectly after that.

thanks alot, i'll be sure to try it out

although i already beat it so i dunno if theres a point

BTW I HATE ALYX

I believe the newly released 163.76 drivers were released and recommended for just for this game? It doesn't look like an artifact at all but a different scene bleeding through the current one from the background. A clean driver update should do the trick I would think.

i had the same issue, i believe it has something to do with forced aa in nv control panel like the previous poster said.

that looks like the scenery behind the walls. update your drivers if possible. I don't believe it is artifacting though.

Yeah, totally is the scenery - artifacts dont usually form pictures (though it would be AWESOME if they did!)

EVGA Tech Support: "Do you see the bunny on your screen? Yes? Ok that means your video card is artifacting, we'll give you an RMA..."

Back