HL2: Aftermath Release Date confirmed.

Yeah we'll see it in 2007.. I mean, it'll be released in a few months, but someone will hack into Gabe's computer and download the source code, then they'll have to re-do it. :p :D

Why so much negative response?

Squishead said:
Yeah, I bet ;)

MasterShredder said:
Yeah we'll see it in 2007.. I mean, it'll be released in a few months, but someone will hack into Gabe's computer and download the source code, then they'll have to re-do it. :p :D

magoo said:
Its done when its done. ;)

the gamer said:

Because I think HL2 was originally promised out in September 2003 or so, and we all know what happened to that.

the gamer said:

This negativity can be understood simply by going back and following valve's timelines. The date in which their products are "Totally ready" and the dates in which the product actually does get released are quite different.

:(

Mojo3k70 said:
This negativity can be understood simply by going back and following valve's timelines. The date in which their products are "Totally ready" and the dates in which the product actually does get released are quite different.

:(

Also, don't for get the "we'll let you 'pre-load' the game by taking all your money now and letting you download 99.9% of the game files via Steam, but we won't make the game .exe file available until two months later. But, thanks for giving us your money early, though" approach.

Mojo3k70 said:

I see now I actualy forgot about how long HL2 was delayed for, sorry.

Rustedimpala said:
I hope its worth the wait! Thanks for the link!

No problem

It'll probaly come out for sure in the planned release date. If anything maybe a little early.

TekSomniaK said:
I say we have a bunch of negative nancys around here. *cough* mastershredder

I was just screwing around. I'll be one of the first to get it when it comes out, but i'm not holding my breath on the release date.

There's no doubt I'll buy it. I liked HL2. I'm just a realist.......leaving out the HL2 saga, Aftermath was first quoted as being ready "easily" before the end of 2005, then Q1 2006 and now April whatever 2006.......It most likely has alot to do with the new tweaks to the engine.....cinematics, HDR, etc.

Im thinking that if you want a hard copy of the disks, you'll be forced to buy that Platinum thing that valve is releasing at the same time. Or wait for hours downloading from Steam. I think I'll just sit back and wait fro a week after its finally released and then DL it once the smoke has cleared......It'll be released in November, just wait. :eek: :eek:

Back