HL1 Total Conversion

It won't be done for at least a year and that's if they work very hard and nobody quits the team (of which will happen). It will take a LONG time to recreate all the maps and add some of the features they want.

still though, if it ever does come out it will be interesting to play. my only question would be the legality of creating a mod of an entire game as it would technically make HL1 available to all HL2 owners whether they own the original or not.

I would think most people have played HL1 by now, and even if they hadn't I don't think Valve is going to throw a hissy fit over this. People would still need to buy HL2, which costs mroe than HL1, to play this. The only way I see this causing a problem is if Valve were planning to make something like this themselves, but they did already release HL1:Source, so that would be kind of redundant (even if HL1:Source wasn't a major update).

Why would Valve get angry at the modding community? It was the community which gave Half-Life 1 its longevity in the first place. Mods like counterstrike and day of defeat were not Valve's products, yet they benefitted immensely from it. So it wouldn't make sense for Valve to get mad at the community...

Back